Have you ever looked at your life as if it were a movie…
You’ve got the starring role, you are also the writer, director and producer.
In hindsight, you might feel that you’re watching a movie of memories.
But what about the future…
Are you writing the script for your life, or is your character just reacting to what happens?
When you understand how your brain really works, and you learn to take charge of it, you can create the most epic movie…
In this short video, Tony Buzan explains simply how to use your brain more effectively:
As the creator of the mind mapping technique, Tony Buzan is worth listening to as he explains that your potential is far greater than you might believe.
Here are a few highlights to keep in mind:
1. Realize the power of your brain: Your brain is far more powerful than a computer and if you’re not using it to its potential, it’s only because you haven’t been taught how. You might not believe that you are very powerful at all but you are! As Tony says, brilliance is a potential for everybody.
2. To activate that unique potential, make your brain your hobby. The more interested you are in your brain, the more open you become to your own potential. It’s beyond fascinating and highly recommended to learn as much as you can about how your brain works. Why? Because, the knowledge you gain will help you focus your attention, enhance your creativity in ways you never imagined before and so much more!
3. Use the left and right sides of your brain. The left hemisphere is dominant in words, numbers, lines, lists, logic and analysis while the right hemisphere is dominant in colors, rhythm, shapes, maps (abstract representations), imagination and daydreaming. Creativity is not a right-brain function, because creativity involves logic and other left-brain functions. So to unleash your inner genius, you’ve got to use both the left-brain and the right-brain approach to problems.
4. Daydream! Unless your daydreaming is the ‘waste of time’ kind of daydreaming. Meaning, if it’s focused daydreaming, this is an essential element of the creative process and is never a waste of time.
5. Recap. Having the attitude that you can is ESSENTIAL!
“Believe that your brain can and then daydream whatever you want to come true and then work to make it come true, that’s brilliance and anyone can do it!”
Many of us consider ourselves to be left-brain or right-brain dominant – but that’s only because we’ve learned to be that way.
It’s like someone going to the gym and only working on their leg strength, because they have strong legs, and neglecting their upper body because it’s less developed and therefore weaker.
Schools often encourage left-brain thinking, and so many of us have gotten stuck in that mode. But is that not a limited way of seeing the world and a limited way of solving problems?
To live a richer, fuller and more purposeful life, let’s get used to applying both logic and imagination, to solve problems and achieve goals.
Did you know that Meditation helps us open ourselves up to whichever element of our brain we haven’t been using to its fullest capacity?
And did you know that whole-brain synchronization speeds up the meditation process balancing out your logical and imaginative sides so you can develop your genius thinking in all areas of your life? So why not give LifeFlow a try FREE today and unleash your creative genius.