1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

tears

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by salehzt, Jan 28, 2010.

1. salehzt

salehzt Member

hi

I want to ask about something happing to me every time I meditate
    drops of tears when I complete the 20 minutes and start to listen
    to music which is played after, Im using the discovery course.

please if you have an explenation for that answer me.
    Im treating from bipolar illness.

whish you happy day:)

2. Edwin

Edwin Member

Hi salehzt

I am not sure if I understand completely, so I would like to know first:

Is it just tears like a simple over-activity of the Lacrimal Gland ?
    Or do you mean that you start crying after 20 minutes ?

If it is just tears without the emotions, I can say, that's pretty normal.
    I used to have that as well. It can be annoying, but that's all.

Emotions are pretty normal as well btw. Especially when doing the gratitude excercise, I felt pretty overwhelmed with emotions from time to time.
    It really is a very powerful excercise.

3. salehzt

salehzt Member

hi

it more activity if lacrimal gland, but Im using discovery meditation
    I learned from the course and after the meditation I lessen to the music
    and visulize my self and family in a happy gathering,
    at that time I start to have small tears.

thank you for your responce
    sorry for the poor english:)

4. Edwin

Edwin Member

Actually, listening to what you describe ( and your english is quite allright if I might add ) it could just as well be your body's reaction to the powerful feeling of gratitude.

It basically proves you are human :)

5. Coenrad Morgan

Coenrad Morgan Member

Hello,

I was diagnosed with Unipolar, apparently the treatment is life long, apparently the doctors underestimate the power of the human spirit to overcome anything and everything, you should be proud of yourself for taking the step and using Discover meditation.

The tears; have you considered that depression is the result of tension, struggle , anger, fear, everything you have thought about everything that has happened to you has added up to your brain working in accordance with what you have come to think of as your reality? Meditation allows you to sink beneath thought and possibly what you are experiencing is nothing more than what you needed in the first place, before your brain chemistry became unmanageable, RELEASE. It is possible that deep sadness and trauma are no longer constrained and thus the tears, possibly it is exactly what you need, have always needed, to let go of that which holds you back.

I truly understand the down cycle of your medical condition, the up cycle, no, but that I do know about depression that it is soul destroying, but once one realizes that the world is as you are, and that every thought you think determines what that world is like because you need to decide if what you are experiencing is good or bad as a function of the brains interpretation of incoming information, you will also realize that, that what made you ill, the way you think, can be reversed to make you cope better and better, as a result, the way you see the world and enjoy your life. I trust that your treatment probably is and will be directed towards this goal.

Meditation is a great tool to those of us buried under brain based "hopelessness" as you can sink below what is happening on the surface and rest and as a result heal. Dont worry about the tears, unless they are a negative in your life, the mind knows how to heal, sometimes that may mean tears, let it.

THE IMPORTANT PART IS, DO YOU FEEL BETTER AFTER MEDITATING, if so, keep doing it, every day in every way, you'll function better, better and better.

Wishing you well.
    Most Sincerely
    Coenrad

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  6. Midnight

Midnight Member

I believe experiencing tears while meditating is a way of purging old emotions from the body. It's like a healing process.

7. salehzt

salehzt Member

thank you for your explenation , Im very eager to practice
    meditation every day and I feel alot better. this will be my life long practice
    I suffered alot because of my illness and this practice will save my wellbeing

wish you joy and happeines:)

ziad

8. Panthau

Panthau Member

I think its kind of normal to feel emotions rising up here and there when you´re getting silent and listen to whats within. I for myself tend to block emotions unconsciously over the day, and when i calm down and meditate, i often release those blocked emotions again.