1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Pressing my own "buttons" NOW

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by pollyanna, Oct 16, 2009.

1. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

When I look back, I was like a walking time bomb full of emotional buttons waiting to be pushed by various people and situations. I was a victim to whoever, or whatever, pushed them :eek:

Through regular meditation I became aware that I had been operating on auto-pilot from conditioned emotional responses. I also became aware of the relentless chatterbox of my mind.

Learning to observe has allowed me to release, over time, endless negative and supressed emotions (and I have no doubt there will be more to release)

Yes, I press play everyday to LifeFlow and I love the amazing changes it has brought into my life - what's more, I feel like I've developed a stand-by button for the relentless chatterbox :) leaving the space for great insights and ideas to emerge.

I truly understand now why they call the present a gift and I wish you all an abundance of present moments :) :) :)

2. newyorker

newyorker Member

"WAY TO GO POLLY!! KEEP PRESSING THOSE AWESOME BUTTONS" NY

3. Edwin

Edwin Member

What what what ??? :eek: I'm up ! I'm up !

Hmm?.....

*dozes off again*

:D

4. Mythrill

Mythrill Member

Excuse me, but what responses are these?

5. GilesC

GilesC Member

I would guess they are what we refer to in therapy as "learnt responses". Those things we pick up from our parents, our teachers, our peers etc. Essentially Re-acting to things in the present based on our preconceived ideas that are based on what we have learnt in the past; rather than Acting on the facts in the present moment as they are presented to us Now.

;)

Hugs

Giles

6. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator