1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

newbie from uk

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by luigi_uk, Dec 26, 2009.

1. luigi_uk

luigi_uk Member

hello all on boxing day

i purchased the first level today, a bit concerned that the format is MP3 as i have read elsewhere (holosync) that MP3 removes the "special effects", but i guess people know what they are doing here.I was introduced to meditation through a 12 step program, have been struggling to do it in 2009 now going to recommit as of today. I have a chronic illness which benefits from relaxing the mind/body.

luigi
    :)

ps...happy new year

2. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

A happy new year to you as well! And meditating regularly with LifeFlow should definitely help towards that goal.

As you correctly surmise, LifeFlow has been designed for today's technology. Whether you download the MP3 files or buy the CDs, you will get the same effect. Just make sure not to use any hardware or software filters that change the frequencies when you play back. Check that your equalizer is turned off of set to neutral, and that no frequency shifting, virtual surround or sound environments are active. Today's computers and MP3 players come with these tools built in, and even some headphones have such gadgets these days.

I hope you find the deep meditation improving your health. It usually does. There are also many other benefits, which you can read about at your leisure. Good luck, and stop by the forums anytime!

3. Coenrad Morgan

Coenrad Morgan Member

Step 1 Life Flow, 12 more steps to go

Hello Luigi,

Don't bend a heart valve over the MP3 issue, two things I know for sure:

1. Life Flow in MP3 Format WORKS
    2. Other than the technology, the Life Flow crew have another advantage, sincerity, they wouldnt provide it in MP3 format if it didnt work ~ no Holo-promices :D

As for the 12 steps, GOOD ON YOU....day by day, "every day in every way, getting better and better and better.", a small step at a time towards a measurable goal (in your case how relaxed you feel each time) and your on your way! ( I assume you purchased Life Flow 10 - great start).

Itlandm has been at meditation for a long while and he isn't known for mincing words, if he says its so, its so (the Viking Knows his stuff) and you will find many others who would back him up on that. Also the tech issues he noted, other than that, set some goals, get your mantra sorted, the rest........every day in every way, better and better.

Be strange :D if thats your way, but don't be a stranger, let us know how its going.

Most Sincerely
    Coenrad

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  4. tscott_87

tscott_87 Member

Hello Luigi, and welcome to LifeFlow and the meditation forums!

The soundtracks are MP3 files. I don't know if this has an effect or not. But as far as the audio goes, you may find this thread quite helpful:
    http://www.project-meditation.org/community/meditation-chatter-box/158-question-two-about-lifeflow-2.html#post1232. It has an audio analysis of the LifeFlow CDs by one of the members here.

LifeFlow, as well as meditation, is an excellent way to relieve stress. I wish you the best... I know you will be happy with your decision! :)

Tim

5. luigi_uk

luigi_uk Member

thanks for your replies - i have been playing lifeflow 10 on my ipod since boxing day 26th december, and have felt really in "something" at several moments during the sessions.

will keep you posted

luigi

6. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Luigi

In technical terms, MP3 is a "lossy" compression format. By "lossy" it means that inforamation can be lost during the compression. However, the amount of lost information depends on the level of compression chosen and, when referring to MP3 format, this is determined by the "bitrate". The higher the bitrate, the more information is kept and the less is lost. Standard CD's use 1411 Kb/s bitrate whereas MP3's are typically (for reasonably good quality) 128 Kb/s and above. which is at least 11:1 compression ratio.

The LifeFlow MP3's are encoded at 192 Kb/s bitrate so the loss of information is small and more than sufficient for the binaural and other beats to be effective. If they weren't then Michael would have certainly been shot down by many a technophile and Project Meditation would not still be running. ;)

With the type of beats we are referring to, we are not talking about high frequencies, but instead very low frequency beats and therefore the lower sampling rate of MP3's will not lose the effect of such frequencies as it is the higher ones that are more likely to become corrupted.

Nothing to worry about, and as already mentioned above, the proof is in the pudding and we all know it works.

Hugs

Giles