1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Liveflow headache normal?

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Cause-or-Effect, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Cause-or-Effect

Cause-or-Effect Member

Hi, i'm just starting with the whole thing, been listening to Liveflow 10 for 3 days and also Creative Flow in the car.Since start i'm experiencing almost constant headache in the right side of the head, Is this normal? It's kind of like there was something stuck from the right side of the forehead to the right side of the back of the head just behind right ear. Has anyone experienced anything like it?

Thanks. All comments welcome.

2. Alison88

Alison88 Member

Hi there

I get a dull ache behind and inside my right ear after listening to it. Its feels a bit like pressure - its not particularly a problem, I'm just aware of it.

Hopefully there will be some more responses from other members on the forum.

Alison

3. Edwin

Edwin Member

weird, I never had anything like that...

Have you tried meditating without Lifeflow to see if the pain stays away ?

4. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi there, hopefully you are just sitting in your parked car listening to Creative Flow. You shouldn't listen to any entrainment tracks while driving.

However, be assured, there are no problems with entrainment within LifeFlow. The brain is the brain insofar as the waves are concerned and your brain goes through all of these during sleep. Any age group can listen to them.

Meditation can bring up repressed feelings and sensations, sometimes even things we didn't know we were carrying around with us. Bringing up these hidden things can give the impression to a person that they just "came out of nowhere".

Most people don't like change and feel threatened by it because they feel comfortable and safe the way they are. When change occurs, fear and the resistance to change follow, even if it appears obvious that some benefits would be gained. Whenever people resist something they inevitably experience discomfort and suffer.

With this in mind, you may occasionally feel irritable and restless or agitated during or after meditation. If this happens it means you are resisting something. It isn’t the actual suppressed emotion that is making you feel like this; it is the resistance itself that is causing the discomfort.

The solution to resisting is to simply and unemotionally observe your thoughts and feelings with unattached curiosity. Simply accept whatever thoughts and feelings you experience, and just observe them.

I've noticed one or two posts where people have experienced headaches initially but only for a short while and it seemed to be always down to resistance. I wish you an abundance of joy and happiness on your journey of self discovery :) :) :)

5. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

I experienced a slight headache the very first time I listened to #10. Never after that. I just atributed it to my brain being forced to acknowledge something it had never experienced before.

Gus

6. robchoc

robchoc Member

This may sound like a silly question, but where are you getting #10 meditation track from?

Rob:confused:

7. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

LifeFlow #10 is the first CD in Michaels series of meditation CD's. They continue in decending order from there
    Gus

8. lilmare4

lilmare4 Member

The stuff that comes up....

I am new to meditation and have recently begun working Michael's program. I just downloaded Lifeflow 10 yesterday and listened to it for the first time last night. I had already listened to the introduction to meditation CD's and the 13 minute "sample" of Lifeflow so I knew what to expect.

I'm glad I read that sometimes meditation brings things to the surface, otherwise I'd be really distressed. I've felt a little agitated here and there after some recent meditations (not immediately, but later). However, last night I woke up around 2am, absolutely WIDE awake and could not get back to sleep. I tried meditating to settle me and my mind, but I spun into this horrible vortex of fearful and negative thinking that was incredibly uncomfortable and upsetting. I admit that I was unable to just watch the thoughts go by, as in meditation. I felt really powerless to stop the process. I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced something so unsettling, and if so, how they dealt with it (and did it stop?)

I want to mention that I'm using meditation in conjunction with work on the Laws of Attraction in hopes that I can clear the negative programming that is likely keeping me from manifesting what I would like to see/experience in my life. Anybody else out there working in the same direction?

Would love some feedback/advice on the above..

Lauren

9. Ras

Ras Member

small note.

Be very careful you do not over-meditate!!! I think that will often lead to unpleasent moments. I overmeditated a bit when i started and wasnt really feeling anymore relaxed or clam by doing it...

Consider starting out with only 20-30 mins a day and not longere then that

10. Alison88

Alison88 Member

Reply to Lauren

Hi Lauren

I'm also new to meditation and have been using LF10 for about 2 weeks. I am also working with the 'law of attraction' and hoping that Lifeflow will assist with helping me manifest what is important to me.

I noticed myself more agitated than usual at first and put it down to negative emotions rising to the surface. I have also had more difficulty than usual in getting to sleep and think it was probably due to the same reason. 2 weeks on, I am finding myself calmer and have started to sleep better over the past couple of nights. I notice I am responding to things which irritate me in a far more effective manner. I am getting better at standing back and observing the way I am feeling when situations arise that stir my emotions and am more able to detach myself. I think I am generally feeling more peaceful, more of the time - how amazing in such a short time!

I am sure that you too will benefit after a short time and as was suggested in another reply to you, it may well be that reducing down the length of time meditating initially will help (perhaps with hindsight I should have done that too).

Good luck and I look forward to reading how things progress.

With very best wishes.

Alison

11. lilmare4

lilmare4 Member

The only way out is through....

Thanks, Alison. I hope things will calm down for me. It was really a bad night and today has also been challenging in the same way. Just feeling very nervous and agitated and....worried/fearful. I have a tendency toward worry anyway, but this is very magnified from what I would normally experience. I'm not sure if it is the Lifeflow bringing this up or if it's hormonal (or a combination). I'm (48) and some of the symptoms of peri-menapause are sleeplessness and even panic attacks ....

I'm not planning on giving up of course, I just hope that I will pass through this soon and go on to begin experiencing what others have written about.
    I am counting on "clearing" the negativity that I know is inside of me so that I can make room for the positive life changes I desire to manifest. If all I gain is a happier outlook (as if that's not HUGE), I will be satisfied. Though I do hope the happiness comes along with other things I'd like to attract as well.

Good luck to you!

Lauren

12. Cause-or-Effect

Cause-or-Effect Member

Yes, there were no headaches. Looks like is everything ok now after taking a pain killer tablet headache never came back.

Thanks everyone