1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

LF and its longterm effects

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Panthau, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Panthau

Panthau Member

I stopped LF for a few months, and recently tried it again, picking up where i left, at level 6. The effect was like jumping from 10 to 1, i felt nothing and it was overwhelming. I couldnt concentrate and think straight for the next day.

Personally i dont mind picking up 10 again, as it also has its benefits. I just wonder if it is meant that way, or is it just me.... ?

Thanks
    Pan

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Pan,

I think, if you consider that Lifeflow works by re-routing the neurological pathways in the brain, then by stopping, you are letting the everyday things in your life re-route them differently, so you probably want to start at 10 again and work your way throught the levels. It won't necessarily mean that you'll need to spend 1 month on each level, maybe just a few days or a week etc., as the brain may still have pathways that 'recognise' the level and can re-build up from what it remembers a lot quicker, but I guess you'll instinctively know when you're ready to move to the next level.

Hugs

Giles

3. Panthau

Panthau Member

Hi Giles & thanks for your answer.

I think i understand.

Though i wouldnt have thought that 2 or 3 months without LF, and those
    created neurological pathways are gone.

Thanks again,
    Pan

4. GilesC

GilesC Member

No, they wouldn't go completely.

Think of it a bit like memories, you never really forget a memory, but the longer it is since you recalled it, the hazier it gets. The more you keep recalling a memory, the more you strengthen and reiterate it and the more it stays vivid in your mind, but still other things in your life will effect the details, unless the actual things itself is reiterated for real (well, as real as it can be hehe!)

;)

Hugs

Giles

5. olmate

olmate Member

Hi Pan,

I experience lots of discomfort if I stop exercising for a few weeks and try to pick up where I left off. The longer I leave it, the harder it gets. It is sometimes that thought on cold and dark mornings that gives me the motivation to roll out of bed and hit the road...

Nothing but the best...

Olmate

6. R8tmo

R8tmo Member

Hello Pan,
    I remember you had discussed AYP and that you were interested in the deeper meditation techniques on their web site. I've seen that site and it has shown me that I have a lot more exploring to do at some point. Recently there's been news of a study done using IBMT (integrative body mind technique or training). This is something not available commercially and has no trainers or practitioners in the West at least. I wondered if it was similar to what you've come across in AYP. Thanks, Bob

7. Panthau

Panthau Member

@Giles,

Thanks for the further explanation. Yes that makes sense somehow!

@olmate,

Thanks for sharing! Yep it seems like the brain easily forgets those pathways :-/
    I started at LF 10 again, and it had those positive effects that it always had one me. Im gonna try to switch the levels in an 1 or 2 week intervall, we┬┤ll see :)

@Bob,

As said in the other post, ive no real experience with this technique! Im practicing AYP since a few months and can only say that it has huge positive effects on me. Nevertheless, im really interested in new things, so im gonna check this IBMT out :)

8. islovin

islovin Member

Pan,

I have coupled my meditation practice with Bill Harris' (holosync guy) LPIP Course...Life Principles Integration Process. 3 courses 12 One hour lessons with homework.

I find Bill to be an amazing communicator and really thouroughly enjoy these courses. There is very little if anything that I disagree with Bill about.

This course takes my meditation practice to another level. He spells out how to use your meditation practice to become more aware of who you are...how you behave and helps you to change the things that don't work in your life.

All I can say is...my life has change significantly for the better. I attribute this to LifeFlow and Bill Harris' words of wisdom.

I have learned to DO the things in life that will continue to make me happy.

Stick with your practice...Dedication to your discipline will keep you growing.

I may skip my physical exercise...BUT I never skip my meditation.

Irene

9. Panthau

Panthau Member

Thanks islovin, sounds great... gonna have to take a look at it :)

Maybe you misunderstood something - i never stopped meditating. The opposite is true, i doubled it.
    I just stopped LF for a while, as it was overwhelming together with the AYP system (pranayama). Now id like to use LF again, at least in the evening, but found that i have to start at 10 again.

10. KeithP

KeithP Member

Hi Irene,
    I also complement my meditation with the Bill Harris LPIP Courses.
    I agree with all that you have to say regardng them. Great value for money and containing a lifetimes work for those who are willing to put it into practice.
    Best wishes,
    Keith

11. islovin

islovin Member

Keith,

I have been looking for someone to chat with about meditation and the LPIP courses. I would be interested in sharing experiences. I can give you my personal email address if you are interested in this as well.

:)

Irene

12. KeithP

KeithP Member

Hi Irene,
    Yes that would be great. I have ticked the vcard box on my profile so you will be able to get my e-mail address from that.
    Best wishes,
    Keith