1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

IaOrana Ia Oe

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by maheanuu, Aug 26, 2010.

1. maheanuu

maheanuu Member

Hello from Raiatea, the original Hawaii... The sacred isle and the most sacred place in Oceania. I am older than dirt, wound tighter than a broken pocket watch and am interested in trying to get back on an even keel and finding fair winds and following seas.

I have a tremendous amount to learn and probably will be trying to work things out and get my act together before posting too much...

A year ago last May, I was operated on for Colon Cancer and had over a meter of my colon removed and am (at this time) cancer free, so the control exams tell me.

I am a retired Navy Chief Petty Officer, a Father and Grandfather with a son and 2 daughters and 2 grandsons... I feel very fortunate to have lived over 7 decades and had the fortunes to enjoy life as much as I have.

I will be lurking and reading and learning and hopefully I might be able to contribute something to the forums in the near future. If any of you might like to see where I live and what I like to do in my golden years, please feel free to visit and view my photos at Mah's Photos If you see anything there that strikes your fancy, feel free to right click on the photo do a save as and .... Bob's your uncle... I am not a pro and my photos are for all to enjoy...

Haere Maru, Haere Papu

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi there Maheanuu, and welcome to the Project Meditation community.

Sounds like a wonderful place where you live, I'll take a look at your photos when I get home.

Glad you've joined us and look forward to seeing you around.

Hugs

Giles

3. oneflewover

oneflewover Member

Welcome to the site Maheanuu. This is a good place to be :)

Just a thought, if you are having pain from your various ailments, it might be interesting for you to check out John Kabatt-Zinns' work with meditation and pain. It would work well with Lifeflow.

Graham

4. R8tmo

R8tmo Member

Maheanuu, welcome to the forum. I look forward as well to those pictures! I have been wanting to go to Hawaii all my life and hope to see it through (with a decent amount of time to do it justice) within the next year and half.

Oneflewover, thanks for piqueing my curiousity about the work of John Kabatt Zinn. I'll be checking into his stuff soon and have a feeling I'll be forever grateful for having stumbled upon your lead-in.
    Regards to both, Bob :) not a nephew of Maheanu --ha!

5. Liana2

Liana2 Member

Hello maheanuu,

Welcome to the forum!

I visit your site and view your wonderful photos. They are so fantastic..feel a higher vibration when I look at the photos.

Thank you very much for sharing.
    Wish you all the best !

Love

Liana