1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Youth and beauty meditation

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by AdrienneH, May 2, 2010.

1. AdrienneH

AdrienneH New Member

Hello, I'm new to this forum so just thought I would say hello first:)

What kind of meditation/ visualization would you do for inner and outer beauty? Like for the skin etc? I was thinking about the color pink, and to visualize breathing in that color. Could it be other colors or symbols etc that could be used for this?

I'm sorry if I place this question in the wrong part of the forum, or if it is already a thread about it lol :)

2. Regenwealdkennedy

Regenwealdkennedy New Member

Meditation:A way to maintain beauty....

It is said by many people by Yoga anybody can maintain health & beauty. “Beauty is only skin-deep.” That quote — for the birds! Yes, beauty depends on external qualities, from your skin, hair and physique to the cosmetics you choose and the sartorial expression you use. But it also depends – very much — on what goes on inside – deep inside your body and inside your brain. And meditation can be one of the best and least costly beauty aid you can find. That’s because meditation, sometimes directly, but more often in a roundabout way, can affect the tone of your skin, the brightness of your eyes, the health of your hair, your ability to gain or lose weight, even the quality of your smile. Let’s start with stress Research shows that daily meditation can dramatically decrease stress. And a decrease in stress means fewer wrinkles on your face. It can also mean a great deal towards getting more sleep and more rest and that in turn, will result in better eating habits. That’s because when you are sleep-deprived and over-tired or stressed out, your brain tells your body that it is hungry and not full. It will also tell your body to deposit fat in the wrong places and to eat the wrong foods. Just asked by many therapist who is an authority on sleep and its effect on diet. Meditation also decreases stress by calming down the part of the brain – the amygdale – that is the seat of our emotions, especially the place where we experience stress in our brains. And partly by curing many forms of insomnia and helping us sleep better when we do sleep and helping us feel more rested when we don’t sleep enough, such as when we are traveling and especially, when we are changing time zones. Decreasing stress, sleeping better and therefore eating better make a huge difference in the way we look – and how beautiful our bodies (and faces) will be. But another advantage to meditation is that when we are happy, we smile more and smiling faces are, well, more appealing. Many interesting studies have shown that it is nearly universal that the smile connects others to us, which in turn makes us feel happier, which in turn makes us smile more and makes us more beautiful.