1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Young starter

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by ironyouth, Jun 11, 2012.

1. ironyouth

ironyouth Member

Hello everyone!
    I am 18 years old and my life is actually quite easy. Besides from a few divorce things with my parents and the occasional fight or two, I'm as happy as a lark. Or at least that's what I try to believe... I have understood that objects and material possessions are not things possible of bringing happiness. I know that family values and true love, etc. All open up true happiness. However, I do not know how to feel true happiness or if I'm ever feeling it. So, I starting looking into ways to aquire it. I was bored and was watching videos of fake telekinesis on YouTube, and came upon meditation. I was intrigued by the mere fact of being able to reach higher levels of consciousness and self awareness, and decided to start. That's where I am today. My goal by meditation is to discover my true purpose as a human. I know the vastness and imtimidation of the world and am fully aware of it. I would like a word from you professionals here. My religion is Christianity and I have a strong mental bond with god that isn't just to seek rationalism but I truly love him. I am male and mature mentality yet extremely immature simultaneously. Now please, people, tell me how to do meditation thing. :)

2. ironyouth

ironyouth Member

Something I forgot to mention... For a while now.. Like years.. I have been able to experience a sensation of my body rocking or swaying or even the exact sensation of jumping on a trampoline (the falling and rising motion) oh yeah and being on a swing, that One too. I can manipulate this sensation by being very calm and the focusing my eyes on the top part of the bridge of my nose, then rolling them toward the back of my head when they are closed, and then focusing on the certain motion. I know this is weird but I just want to put it out there. However I got an even stronger feeling of my body swaying when I meditated yesterday.. Well TRIED to meditate. This feeling I get is like actually moving but staying still. I would categorize it as frickin weird. But Im pretty sure this isnt super rare right?... Right?

3. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Ironyouth and welcome to the project meditation community,

Let's start with the easy question first...

How to meditate... there are various different methods. I would certainly recommend downloading the free "Discover Meditation" CD's from this site as Michael will guide you through the prinicples of meditating, and trust me... it really is a simple thing (even though many believe it's something hard to achieve).

Don't try and feel it. Don't try and aquire it.
    You already have the happiness as part of your being. The issue is that when you are not feeling happy that's because there are things in the way. So rather than trying to find and aquire happiness, start to learn to recognise when you are not being happy and observe what is causing that. Whatever it is will be something transient (non permanent) that you can choose to let go of, and lo' and behold the happiness will return. ;)

I'm afraid I don't "do" the god/christian thing myself, as I observe from the stance of nonduality, so don't perceive a seperate "god" that needs connecting with, but I can certainly accept that other people do have such beliefs and will eventually come to realise what god truly is, so that's fine by me. I would just say that "to love him" you simply need to love yourself. Perhaps meditate on that. :)

As for the rocking/swaying sensation I'm not sure what would be causing that, though it could be a physiological thing between your eyes and ears that coordinate your balance, especially as you say you can manipulate it by rolling your eyese back into your head (I wouldn't suggest doing that too much as you'll give yourself eye strain, leading to headaches).

Hugs

Giles

4. ironyouth

ironyouth Member

Thank you Giles I will sart with the CDs and give you feedback when I get used to it. :)