1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

You guessed it, another new soul!

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by ShootingStar, Sep 15, 2010.

1. ShootingStar

ShootingStar Member

Just as I decide to take university a little more relaxedly after 2 years of dreadful family problems, I stumble into Michael's Project Meditation...

I firmly believe everything during one's lifespan happens for a reason, so there's no way this could be a coincidence!

I'm looking forward to see the benefits of taking meditation back into my life... :D

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi ShootingStar and welcome to the community.

:)

Hugs

Giles

3. ShootingStar

ShootingStar Member

Feeling priviledged to have joined this community, Giles. :)

I've noticed most of the things Michael said in the basic course were concepts that have been sitting in the back of my mind for quite some time... You see, I have been meditating occasionally during my Aikido classes a few years ago.

I've always been a pretty laid-back person, so experiencing stress for me can be way more unsettling than for most people. Though I didn't recognize how meditation-friendly my mindset is until recently... so I thought "why not let it enter my life again?". So here I am. And I actually have one small question while I'm here.

I've heard about a few people meditating while lying down, and since I have a couch in my room I was thinking of using it... would it prove effective in my meditation sessions?

Many thanks,
    Francis

4. aeonakin

aeonakin New Member

"I firmly believe everything during one's lifespan happens for a reason, so there's no way this could be a coincidence!"

That reason may be unknown to you. You can make reason of it. It may not be YOUR reason. (micro macro fractals) For co incidence..more then one "thing" must co incide..Approach without the thought of benefits. Welcome.

Wholeness and Balance

5. Midnight

Midnight Member

In my experience, I would fall asleep very quickly during the times I lied down in a meditation session. I wouldn't recommend it, but if you know you can stay awake, then use whatever position you want (except for maybe the driving in your car on the highway position :p)

6. GilesC

GilesC Member

I agree with Midnight. Lying down is usually conducive to the body going to sleep and will most likely (in the majority of people) trigger their body to start entering sleep. However, if you find you're comfortable and able to meditate lying down without falling asleep, then fine.

Hugs

Giles

7. heskey627

heskey627 Member

The mind and body are intimately connected in the meditation, and the relationship of the mind to the body in meditation is very interesting.

guided meditation