1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

you feel like a different being

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by subratanaskar, Sep 3, 2011.

1. subratanaskar

subratanaskar New Member

i have been meditating since my college days, it's been a five year journey...i started meditating inspired by swami vivekananda and his books. later on, i gravitated towards thakur sree ramakrishna and started meditating on him...it's has been a bumpy journey. at first, my mind would deviate from the subject frequently. sometimes, i would feel lonely, sad, disgruntled...sometimes, i would feel like giving it up...But gradually, when my mind started to settle down, i began to reap the benefit of it...these days, i only meditate on thakur and i feel like "nothingness." it's a feeling like no other..you can't describe it in mere words...everything is there, but you are not attached to anything....there is no sorrow, no pain, no expectation, but an eternal bliss, the sublime sense of peace and harmony that you feel at the deepest recess of your heart...you don't need anything, you don't need anybody, because you are full with yourself and at the same time you are not shunning anybody or anything... it is a sublime feeling as i have told earlier.

Midnight, breaking hours of dawn and the time when the day is giving way to night are the best times to meditate according to indian sages for these are the times when the nature itself helps one to meditate....

i would urge everyone to at least meditate for 10 minutes to start with..

because i feel this is the only life we have got and let us make it a very happy and peaceful one for when the rose blooms, it doesn't invite the bees to come and sit on it, rather the bees come themselves. likewise, when you are in peace and happiness, it inevitably makes others whose lives are entwined with you, peaceful and happy.....

JOY SREE RAMAKRISHNA..

2. iciek

iciek Member

I entered in, I know not where,
    And remained, though knowing naught,
    Transcending knowledge with my thought.

It goes on to perfectly describe the experience.

Many many years ago I was fortunate to experience this. My wife who had no interest in meditation said to me soon after after the first instance that she no longer knew me, that I was not the man she married.

Fortunately it had no adverse effect on my marriage and although she didn't understand what it was I got up to in my meditations was supportive even through some of my wilder meditative excesses. (let's not go there)

Unfortunately as the children grew older and financial and social pressures took up most of my time, meditation became something I would get back to some time in the future. (It is only recently in fact that I have got back to it and at the same time found LifeFlow.) In all that time I had a shining star to which I wanted to return. The memory of the first time that changed my life to the point that my wife no longer recognised me. I've still to get back there but I'm sure I've caught the express train back with Life flow.

As far as the verse is concerned, after that first experience I urgently needed to fix it in something more permanent than my memory. I couldn't express it in words that did it justice so started a search through literature and art for something that captured that moment. My search was short.
    The first time I passed a bookshop something made me go in and I stopped in front of the shelf that had a copy of Poems of St John of the Cross. It was the first book I looked at and the moment I opened it I recognised what I was looking for. Some of his poems go into religious territory but others are pure meditation experiences that are so beautifully put into words (even after translation by Roy Campbell) that they come close to reliving the experience itself.

3. Anna123

Anna123 Member

I feel so inspired to just read this.
    I'm just meditating for 2 months and I have experienced a tremendous difference already.
    But after reading this I know the best is yet to come.

Thanks for this post.