1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Yoga

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by Peaceful Warrior, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Alan Groves

Alan Groves Member

Hi All,

I would just like to add a chorus of approval to purplevibe's endorsement of Maya Fiennes Kundalini Yoga DVDs.
    I too have the detox and destress dvd, but even better still are the set of seven dvd's (one for each chakra) I try (;)) to get up at 5am 4-5 mornings a week to do one of the 7 DVD's - I have tried to get up at 5am for various forms of exercise, Yoga, Tai Chi over the years and hardly ever managed it! But these DVD's are definitely worth the effort. Each one lasts about 45-50mins and is broken down into a tuning in, Warm up, Kriya, meditation (active meditation often with mantra repetition) and Tune out.
    These are the best yoga dvd's I have come across and I have a fair selection including all of Barbara Currie's.

Take care All.

2. Panthau

Panthau Member

Definitly! @ JCG :)

Thanks for the tip Alan!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  3. Marina_J

Marina_J Member

The aim of Yoga is the attainment of the physical, mental and spiritual health. A yoga workout can lower stress and improve physical and mental health. It improves memory and concentration power. Yoga Exercise will only require you 30 minutes each day, a Yoga Mat or blanket, and a small exercise space. Yoga can help an individual attain a high level of self-awareness, balance, and strength. Yoga is one good way of relaxation. So, there are endless health benefits of yoga.
    These are some of the things to keep in mind before indulging into Yoga Exercise:
    (1) Know your body limits. (2) If you want to enjoy the activity, don't push too hard. This could also avoid hurting yourself in the process. (3) It is advisable to start with a teacher so you will be guided on the yoga basic positions.

4. lemaria

lemaria New Member

I always prefer to do yoga exercise daily,This is the best way to keep our body fit and reduce stress.Asthanga yoga which include pranayama is very helpful to improve flexibility of the body and improve blood circulation of the body and brain.