1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Yoga + Meditation

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by downtoearth, Mar 22, 2011.

1. downtoearth

downtoearth Member

What do you prefer...I prefer Yoga over meditation because I feel like it helps my body but also my mind because it's so peaceful...

What do you think?

2. Prasanam

Prasanam Member

I find your question funny because I used to do a meditation called; Atma Yoga.
    The goal of it is to discover that our soul si the body through some kind of meditation. We become aware of our body first, and recite some mantra that helps us to feel the soul within our body.

It's what I prefer :)

3. Panthau

Panthau Member

Yoga, in fact, includes meditation. Asanas are just a small part of it, as yoga is the way.

But i assume that you mean asanas when you talk about yoga. Meditation should be the main practice, but doing asanas can help greatly to achieve more relaxation in meditation. If you like it, stick to it. Thats at least what i do :)

4. Quantamama

Quantamama Member

I love yoga and I find that I meditate best in savasana. After I've worked my body hard it feels a bit easier to melt into the floor and just breathe. As Panthau said, "doing asanas can help greatly to achieve more relaxation in meditation."

There are other meditations that I like, others that I do when I'm in a hurry, or when I'm especially upset and need to find some calmness. But I am most likely to fly when I meditate after a hard workout in corpse pose.

5. downtoearth

downtoearth Member

i do understand that concept but sometimes it feels better to separate the two