1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

yet another newbie!!

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by alicat, Jan 11, 2008.

1. alicat

alicat Member

Hi everyone ,
    My name is Alison , I live in Hertfordshire in the UK, an OU student studying art history & with another 2 years to go to complete my degree!
    For the last year I have been studying Buddhism & meditating. I suffer quite badly with osteoarthritis in the neck/spine & found this site whilst googling 'meditation for pain relief' & I am hoping that I can learn a lot more about helping myself to cope better with constant pain.
    I had no idea there would be a forum like this & look forward to making some new friends & having a laugh !!!:D

take care everyone,
    Alicat x

2. Ariel

Ariel Member

Welcome to the community Alison. :)

I really recommend you use 35 of your karma credits to get Discover meditation so you can begin meditation instantly. It is a great course. I have only just started meditating myself and the benefits are already showing. I missed a day yesterday for my meditation session and I really noticed the difference. It really refreshes me for the day, or the rest of the day if I do it in the middle of the day rather than the morning.

I wish you all the luck and great meditation benefits. I really hope it helps you with your osteoarthritis. Many people look to meditation for pain relieve and are very successful.

I look forward to speaking with you more on the community soon. Thanks for sharing your story. :)

Have an outstanding day

Ariel x