Yawning,Crying during meditation

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by satsujin, Jul 5, 2014.

1. satsujin

satsujin Member

Hi,
    I've been meditating for about 2 months now and recently started having some strange experiences. I would like to know if they indicate anything beneficial, negative or irrelevant. Done some searching on Google re this and the reports are conflicting so I thought I'd see what Project Meditation has to say.

Nowadays, when I sit to meditate I spend almost all of it yawning. About 1 yawn every 20 seconds. I know this is not because I'm sleepy because immediately before and after the meditation the yawns never happen. My eyes also get wet enough for a tear or two to roll down though it is not associated with any emotion.

Anybody have any word on this?

2. madera

madera Guest

Your body is drawing in oxygen by yawning
    madera

3. satsujin

satsujin Member

But why does this only happen when i meditate? Like I said, my breathing is no different...at least, I'm not reducing it in any way from my regular breathing

4. madera

madera Guest

Your body needed oxygen and the meditating made it happen.
    usually when we are up and around, we dont take time to breath properly. Its a good thing.

5. MeditationBuff816

MeditationBuff816 Member

I guess that's just fine and it's actually means your body is trying to relax.

6. sapna

sapna New Member

I read in a book (will search for it and quote it's name) that the breathing activity of the brain may get very weird when meditating. Breathing can get slow, and a practitioner of 40 years even wrote that sometimes his breathing would completely stop for several minutes! :eek:

So I think it is a good sign. I predict that this won't continue for long, your body will get used to your meditation routine and will adjust accordingly. Please keep us posted.