1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Would meditation/LifeFlow help me?

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by MDR, Nov 15, 2009.

1. MDR

MDR Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Hi all --

I've been browsing here a few days, but can't really tell if this is the place for me. Here's my situation:

I'm an obese, 50 yr old + woman with Type II diabetes. I know everything I SHOULD do, but I can't seem to do it.

I have no problem with sitting still and "being;" my problem is getting off my butt and "doing" -- anything!! I have found nothing that makes me happier than sitting on the couch, stuffing my face with junk food, and sleeping. I'm afraid to try, but I really think I could park myself in bed Friday night and not get out again (other than for bathroom breaks) until Monday morning. I'd rather sleep than eat.

Oddly, I don't think I'm depressed. I spent years being suicidally depressed and I don't feel that way now. There are many things I want to do, but I don't have any energy. This sloth-like condition has existed for about 5 years and nothing I do seems to move me out of it.

Other than the diabetes, which is under so-so control, several physicians have found no physical problems. I know I need to lose weight, but the effort it takes doesn't seem to bring enough reward for me to want to continue the effort.

I'm sure meditation and/or LifeFlow won't hurt, but does anyone have any reason to think it would actually help??