1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Would like some advice/information

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by Maginus, May 7, 2011.

1. Maginus

Maginus New Member

Recently I have began doing research on an experience I had in Dec 2010. My researching brought me across Kundalini, and its awakening. Now I have read many symptoms which seem to match up, but I would prefer an outside opinion on this matter. Without further delay my experience:

The night began like many other nights, with friends hanging out. We parked while we waited for a another friend to arrive. She arrived and we began our conversations like another night. A while later (between 30min-1hr) something was said to me, unfortunately I dont remember the exact words, but I was compelled to meditate in relative solitude. I remember this night in particular was cold around 30-40*F with 10-20mph winds. I found a spot somewhat out of the wind sat down with my legs crosses and arms on my legs(mind you i have no "formal" meditation training, but have naturally been able to do it since a young age) and began to meditate.

The thought crossing my mind was sadly enough a woman whom I had great affections for, my drive was to remove these thoughts from my head in order to gain peace of mind once again. It was strange at first after the meditation began I uncontrollably bawled my eyes out, within a few moments later I felt something happen that I had never experienced before. An intense calm came over me followed by an engulfing surge of my perception of energy that radiated throughout my entire body. That went on for minutes(I had no concept of time other than it was nighttime) until an urge got me to my fee and walked back to the car where my friends were waiting. I was in a trance of sorts, I could not feel the freezing cold wind as I walked against it, but was able to notice it was there.

Disclaimer: This is the weird part

I returned to the car and got into the drivers seat like i normally do. Looking ahead my eyes seemed to be seeing things "differently" than normal. I was almost unresponsive to my friends queries and concerns. A few minutes later I regained normal consciousness, almost as it nothing had happened.

I asked them:
    Q: How long was i gone?
    A: Over 30 minutes

I was slightly shocked by that answer as that 30+ minutes was 1/10th of the time. The other thing that was mentioned was one friend described my presence when i returned to the car as almost crushing she said "something was pushing her into the right corner of the back seat"(where the baside of the door is)- no one was in the back seat except her. She also mentioned when she touched me on the shoulder she felt as if I had drained her of energy, another friend who showed up shortly there after said the same thing when I hugged her.

Finally what i want to know is what happened? is it a result of Kundalini? psychosis of some sort? something else?

All help is appreciated.

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

3. GilesC

GilesC Member

I'm not sure if it relates to kundalini energy rising, though we do go through various stages and intensities of kundalini rising throughout our lives (and in our day to day life).

However...

This is normal if you enter a deep meditative state. Time is a concept of the mind, so when we become completely present and aware, as we do in meditation, time seems to disappear (it leaves our awareness). So it's perfectly normal to meditate for half an hour and it seem like just a few minutes.

Without knowing your friends it's very difficult to say. It could simply be that you were in such a meditative state and so connected with the present moment that they (their minds at least) felt this as something threatening to their own existence (on a subconscious level) and gave them a feeling (again, something the mind does) of being 'pushed' away.

As I said, we can't be sure, but I would guess that the "time" thing is your own perception, and perfectly normal, and the sense of drained energy in your friends etc. is really their own issues to deal with (I'm guessing they don't meditate or follow a spiritual/energy aware lifestyle?)

Hugs

Giles

4. Panthau

Panthau Member

Interesting story :)

Im replying because it reminds me of an experience i had, that was kinda similar in that my girlfriend experienced something similar then your friend on the backseat. I suddenly fell into a weird state, where i felt that my soul wants to bring something into this world, but it cant through the ego, as this would be destructive. My girlfriend described my presence as massive and it scared her somehow.

Maybe that happens if we identify with the bigger part of us, who knows. Its not important anyway, but definitly interesting! :)