1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Worrysum

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by berric55, May 10, 2009.

1. berric55

berric55 Member

Hi All,
    I am looking forward to having wonderful success in my daily practice of life flow, however I am a little confused. I've read somewhere that one should not over meditate and I am wondering how do I meditate while listening to a one hour cd and not over meditate, since meditation should take about twenty minuets or so, should I meditate for the first twenty minuets while listening to the cd, and then continue listening to the rest of the cd ? what's your suggestion please.

Sincerely
    Bertram

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Bertram and welcome to the community. Discover Meditation builds upto 20 minutes twice a day. When I moved on to LifeFlow I did the whole hour and it was really good for me. You may find the same for yourself, however, if you feel it is too much in the beginning you can lessen your time to your own personal preference and gradually build up to one hour. Hope that helps and look forward to hearing how you progress. I wish you peace and joy on your amazing journey of self discovery :) :) :)

3. GilesC

GilesC Member

I agree with PollyAnna,

Start of with practicing the meditation (perhaps without lifeflow) to get a feel for doing 20 minutes, then introduce lifeflow and see how long feels comfortable for you. There's no harm in coming out from the lifeflow tracks early (although they apparently take about 8 minutes before they become effective) and with time you can build up to the full 40 minutes lifeflow track.

Over-meditating would be doing meditation over and over again throughout a day, and I think most people have too much going on in their lives to spare for doing that much meditation. There are places where you can go to do day long meditations for e.g. a week at a time, but these can be life changing and should be supervised by people with experience in such matters, and are unlikely to be recommeded for people who have no or little experience of meditation.

Hugs

Giles

4. Edwin

Edwin Member

And a lot of times people will get certain complaints when they over-meditate.
    As long as you feel good, both in meditation as well as in daily life, don't worry.
    Do try to stay concious about your feelings, as it can really creep up on you when you do over-meditate.

5. berric55

berric55 Member

Thanks a lot everyone, your responses have been greatly appreciated. I can now truly enjoy listening to the lifeflow cd's

All the best
    Bertram :)