1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Worry

Discussion in 'Your Suggestions' started by pollyanna, May 27, 2009.

1. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Worry - what good does it do? Worry has been described as "Interest paid on trouble before it comes due" and "Stewing without doing"

Worry escalated substantially about the year 2000 (YK2) yet we survived it and apart from a few fear induced glitches things were normal and it ended up much ado about nothing.

An article in psychology today states that writing down what we are worrying about puts it in the proper perspective and often eliminates the worry.

After writing your concerns down, ask yourself:-

"Why am I concerned about this?" and "What can I do about it?"

The moment you begin to consider solutions to solve problems, you feel better because action always creates an emotion that is healthier and more condusive to success than just worrying about it.

Worry uses the energy that could be freed to be used by your creative power. I wish you peace, joy and freedom from worry :) :) :)

P.S. If you choose to do this exercise, playing Creative Flow could help you tremendously to find solutions and rid yourself of worry

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi PollyAnna

I simply look at worry as fear for the future based on experience in the past. Neither of these things are in the present, so I simply let it go.

Of course it's not always easy to just let it go. We often justify to ourselves why we have the worry, but then my own wisdom/knowledge (call it what you will) tells me that anything we have to justify to ourselves is simply not the truth. Again, recognising that the justification is not the truth, allows us to see more clearly that the worry 'belongs' to something else i.e. the fears of something from the past. If we can recognise what those things are we can then start to deal with them appropriately.

I think this is similar to what you are saying about writing it down, putting it in perspective. When you write it down, it makes you rationalize the reasons behind it, and realisation then arises as to what the true causes of it are. Of course, it is still up to us to determine how we deal with it or whether we choose to hold onto that worry. And then, like you say, considering possible solutions allows us to realise that we don't have to hold onto the worry and we can do something about it.

Thanks for reminding about Creative Flow, I'll find that on my MP3 player and play that now whilst at work. Every little helps.

;)

Hugs

Giles

3. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

A good question to ask oneself when worrying over something is this, "How will this affect my life 10 years from now?"

You would be surprised how effective this is.

4. sliccy

sliccy Member

We did an exercise once in High School where the teacher told us to write up something we are worried about at this moment in our life. After we were done writing it down, we folded the paper and stapled it. She kept it locked up in private, and if we ever wanted to go back and read it we could.

If I went back now to read it, I'd probably laugh at it because it's so silly. As a matter of fact, I don't even fully remember what it was at this point in my life :p

Andy

5. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Read this tonight and thought it very fitting to becoming aware and more in control of your thoughts :) :) :)

"I keep the telephone of my mind open to peace, harmony, health, love and abundance. Then, whenever doubt, anxiety or fear try to call me, they keep getting a busy signal - and soon they'll forget my number." ~Edith Armstrong

6. Swanaire

Swanaire Member

Tense Newbie

Due to growing up in a household where the only parent was tense and depressive, I have managed to create for myself a life where I subconsciously created situations of tension and abuse. I have had some success with Holosync but it is far too expensive , even if you consider an option of medication and counselling -both of which I've tried. I will try the Meditation CDs but feel like using the entrainment a little more first. My energy levels have been through the floor and I nap each afternoon just to cope .Workwise I have been doing a cleaning job of an evening,taking longer and longer to get things done and would be unemployable if I couldn't create a more reasonable timesheet .(the boss knows why).

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  7. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi there Swanaire, just read your October post in the success stories and I'm so happy that LifeFlow is making such a difference for you - I wish you continued peace and joy on your journey :) :) :)

8. era1213

era1213 Guest

Happy Go Lucky

Hi there! People would always say that I am happy go lucky person, I don't worry at all, but I am sure they are wrong. Of course I am a normal individual, I also worry about anything. About Financial, emotional and physical issues. The only difference I have is that once I worry, I take immediate action. I study the reason why I am being worried and as early as possible I take action to ease the worries I feel. And I can see and manifest that this works for me. I always smile and think positively. :)