1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Wonderful website for mudras

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Bryan555, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Bryan555

Bryan555 Member

Guys...

Sometimes wonderful things are buried down at the bottom of threads. A few days ago, in a thread about posture, I first learned about mudras: the "hand yoga" positions which have an amazing affect on the body, mind, spirit. Not everybody goes "wow", I suppose, when they discover mudras. But I sure did. Much thanks to Michael David, for the tip.

Anyway, I have since stumbled across a wonderful website on mudras, and wanted to share it here. This one is essentially a compendium of every disease or problem -- everything from high blood pressure to acne -- together with the particular mudra which is supposed to cure it. In my own case, I'm using the one which is intended for dizziness, and having great success with it.

So, here's the website:

Complete Person: The different mudras for differnt diseases

For anyone who was like me, and had never heard of mudras. I strongly suggest a visit, and a little experiment with a position or two. The hand postures, obviously, fit beautifully with meditation.

And thanks again, Michael....:)

2. Hazelkay

Hazelkay Member

mudras

:)many thanks Brian:D
    peace and joy

3. Bryan555

Bryan555 Member

Guys...

I forgot to mention that one of the best mudras listed here is for anxiety. I realize that several members have told of serious problems in that area. So I should have pointed that out.

If the mudra for anxiety is as effective as the one for dizziness, it is very definitely worth trying.

Much thanks....

4. M L K

M L K Member

Great find. :) Many thanks, Bryan. Best, Margaret