1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Will vipassana help?

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by sskohli, May 26, 2010.

1. sskohli

sskohli Member

Hello there,

I am new to the forum here.
    Yesterday suddenly I found an inkling to find a forum where common people share their experiences with Meditation and I am here now.

I have done a week long course of Meditation and some plain old breathing exercises.

I have never tried meditation with music playing in the background, how does that help? Will it distract/aid in meditation?

Whatever I do, I just indulge in long conversations with myself, then I realize what I am doing and return back to the breathing practice.
    I tried it for a month and so, then I lost interest and left it.
    What eXactly I should be looking to achieve here?

thanks again,
    sandeep

2. oneflewover

oneflewover Member

Welcome

Welcome to the forum sandeep. What I would suggest is downloading the free meditation course from the site, if you havent already and perhaps sticking with that for a while and also read a little about the entrainment programme thats offered here.Theres a lot of information regarding that. In one way theres a little more to it than just listening to music though but in another way not much more :)

I dont know a great deal about vipassana but what I would suggest is to stick with one technique at a time.

Best Wishes
    Graham

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  3. GilesC

GilesC Member

Agree with what Graham says. Excellent advice. :)