1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Will this happiness I have inside ever end?

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by pini85, Apr 16, 2012.

1. pini85

pini85 New Member

Hey guys,
    i have been doing meditation for 8 days now.And it has been incredible!
    I have suffered from depression for 4 years or so.It seems like a life time!I use to be always this cheerful,happy,positive guy,and I loved myself for it.But then a crisis hit me,And ate me up bit by bit until,I got really depressed,had low self-esteem,the whole package.I always wished and prayed if I can be the same person I was 4 years ago.I read so many help me books,was going to go to therapy for once and for all,but I know therapy may help,but it can only guide you.you have to make the change yourself.I thought I never would come out of depression and have me esteem back.Until a week ago.After the 1st meditation I had this overwhelming happiness inside me.It is still there,but the first day was overwhelming!I am starting to get my self esteem,humor,everything I remember I had 4 years ago back.
    But I'm really scared that this happiness will go away.I know if challenges come my way I can get hurt ect.But ill be more stronger this time.And could effect me somewhat.But if everyday normal situations occur,and if I meditate twice a day,will this happiness still stay here or will it eventually go away,maybe for a while and come back again,or dissapear?
    Would love to know!
    Happy meditating!
    -Pini

2. Panthau

Panthau Member

Thats great pini! :)

Meditation is all about letting go. If you let go of your depressing thoughts, then guess what - you´re happy! Now if you fear (thats again only a thought!) that you could lose this happiness again, then this can only happen if you hold onto it. Dont hold on to any feeling... may it be sadness or happiness. Just let them come and go, and feel them as they are. Thats the key. The longer you meditate (in terms of weeks, months, years), the easier it will be to let go.

All the best,
    Phil

3. pini85

pini85 New Member

Hey Phil,
    Thank you for that great insight.I always thought when they meant "let go",it means during meditation.But I now understand what it meant.
    This is probably very basic,but I've just started and I have a long way to go.Is there any books you suggest I read so I can understand more about the power of meditation?
    Thanks again'!

Br,
    Pini

4. Lightsphere

Lightsphere Guest

I agree with Panthau. Let your emotions come and go as they wish and you'll stay happy almost always.

Can you share with us what kind of meditation you've been doing, and how you do it?

Cheers,

5. Panthau

Panthau Member

I'd suggest this thread for books on meditation: http://www.project-meditation.org/community/science-meditation/2613-books-meditation.html

Atb,
    Phil

6. pini85

pini85 New Member

Hey,
    I am following the only book I've read so far on the subject "Deep Meditation" By Yongani.Which is the mantra.I understand there are many methods like Mindfulness Meditation,Stillness ect.But what I've understand that there is two types of meditation basically.One that brings your awarness outside,and one that brings it inside.The one that brings it outside is for people that have many thoughts.And mantra brings your awarness outside.
    I think I should stay on this method for a few months,and if I dont see improvment's I should try a different method.
    I try to meditate 2x a day for 20min and I also use LifeFlow with it.If I dont have time I will try to meditate once in the morning for 30min or so.

7. pini85

pini85 New Member

Thank you so much for the link Panthau!
    Im going to read all of them!!!:)

8. Lightsphere

Lightsphere Guest

I like your enthusiasm for reading all the books :)

I agree that outside and inside is one way to categorise meditation practices, and if taking your attention outside works nicely with you, you're doing great.

IMHO, it's a personal preference, and my experiences and the experiences of some people that I know is that focusing inside can do the same job and have you insight into yourself in addition.

I am not asking you to do it this way though. However, I'm curious if you have ever watched your thoughts and/or emotions as a witness, which means without interference and with acceptance.

9. pini85

pini85 New Member

Hey,
    I haven't really tried it.I did however read "The power of now" By Eckrat Tolle.I think he. Tries to explain that type of meditation.I did try it technically but I didnt really know what I was doing to be honest :)
    I think ill stick with mantra for a few more weeks and then try to use prana with the combination with mantra,for a month and then perhaps try a different techinque for change and see how it feels.
    Can you recommend any books to better understand the technique of Mindfulness?

10. Lightsphere

Lightsphere Guest

I believe books # 2 & 4 are about mindfulness. I'm not a big book reader myself :), but have read a lot of little pieces here and there and practised for several years, so now I believe that I have few techniques which work with me and the people I guided. They are basically about the original and basic practice which is said it was developed in Asia 2500 year back which is to be a witness for your own thoughts and/or sensory experiences, so you neither buy into them nor try to manipulate them.

I'm more of an explorer here than a guider or teacher. I like to hear from other meditators and share my knowledge and experience with them too. So if you would like to tell us about your mindfulness experience in which you did not know what you were doing, I'll be glad to explain what I would do and why.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2012
  11. Its_staliano

Its_staliano New Member

I Really Cannot Meditate I Need Help Asap Please

hi everyone

i am finding it so hard to meditate, i cant sit still for 2 minutes without getting distracted, i desperately need to find a meditation method, i listen to a lot of meditating Buddha music but still does not help.

i want to let go of stress and worry, they are the two ,major things that are in my way to manifest my dreams and things that i want.

i have recently started reading my star signs and reading them deeply and understanding them, i fee like i have connected with the universe,
    but stress and worry is in my way

i need to learn the art of meditation ASAP.

please help

12. Panthau

Panthau Member

The "art of meditation" begins exactly at this point - the wish for change. But the more you "want" something, the harder it will be to meditate. When you sit down to meditate, stop wanting something. Let go of all of your expectations, wishes, thoughts... only then, you will master the art of meditation. As long as theres something inside you, thats desperatly holding on to a mental picture, what meditation should do for you, you will have a hard time to really calm down.

Atb,
    Phil

13. pini85

pini85 New Member

Hey Lightsphere,
    I really didn't know what I was doing because I didn't really understand it.But now I do understand it very well,because I've been meditating a few weeks now.But I would like to try Mindful meditation.Just to see maybe it is better than mantra for me.
    Is there any books you recommend to start learning this practice?
    Any advice would be much appreciated!

Br,
    Pini.

14. Lightsphere

Lightsphere Guest

I don't know about star signs, but in classical meditation, we don't fake things or cheat ourselves. We rather stick with the TRUTH.

When you feel stressed or worried, it's true that you do so at the moment you do it. And when get distracted, it's also true that you do so at the moment you do it. Similarly, its true that up until now you could/did not "manifest" your dreams. That is all 100% true.

Does this mean that you want to be stressed, worried and distracted, or that you don't want to "manifest" your dreams?

Of course NOT!

So what can you do? Well, take it one step at a time.

Do you want to start with managing your emotions and developing your concentration skills?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2012
  15. pini85

pini85 New Member

Hey Lightsphere,
    I am reading book number 4 at the moment.True Meditation.I got to admit it is very interesting stuff.I will read all the book and do a few meditations.And let you know how it went.And additional questions I may have.
    But I have a few questions that came into mind now.
    -Can I use Lifeflow with it?
    -I do understand that there will be psychological improvements etc,happiness,peace,self confidence.
    But will you improve your creativity,ability to learn,memory?
    But I am going to continue reading :)
    Thank once again!

Pini.

16. Lightsphere

Lightsphere Guest

They are different techniques and I don't see any contradiction between them. However, if you do them at the same time, maybe you'll not have the full emotion that you want to experience fully due to the music effect.

Theoretically, the ability to learn is distorted by the same emotional anchors that distort our other behaviour, so yes, it should improve everything. Have you been in a class/training/seminar and you felt too anxious to concentrate fully?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2012