1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

1. stevenfontainejr

stevenfontainejr Member

Hello All,
    Let me start by saying I am a father of 4 children, and married for 7 years this coming June. My wife Debora and I have had alot, and when I say alot I mean ALOT of stress. The economy:)(), she can't work due to the children and day care costs, so I provide the only income:)eek:). With all that being said I have done many meditations in the past, but none seemed effective. Deb has tried some as well with no good results.
    Today we are going on the first guided meditation (Thank you Mike) and we will post our results after. Ok I have to put the kids in bed now. I'll be back later. :)

Sincerely,
    Steven & Deb Fontaine

2. stevenfontainejr

stevenfontainejr Member

1st Meditation

Well, we were watchign the election waiting for the time to meditate, you know 2 hours after easting. So we watched the race. We also decided instead of waiting 2 hrs we would wait 2.5 hrs just to be safe. Here is what happened.

Wife (Deb):
    She said the first meditation made her feel relaxed and that it was very different from what she had done before. The mantra was throwing her off, and she said she didn't see any colors, but she did keep getting Obama in her head due to the rhyme with her mantra. :(

Me (Steve):
    Well I meditated and it was very refreshing. I felt more relaxed than I have been in a long time. ALthough I believe I did fall asleep because at the chimes I jumped. It was laughable, but not frustrating. Being a martial artist I want to be able to meditate and then be able to try to solve problems while in that state, but for now being relaxed with all the kids around is awesome enough for me. :)

THanks mike for putting out these CDs:D

3. Montana Keith

Montana Keith Member

Welcome

Hi Steven & Deb,
    Welcome to this forum. Thank you for taking time to introduce yourself and to say a little about your life experiences. I hope that you will find this forum to be as beneficial as I have. I have met and dialogued with some truly amazing people here. The stories shared and the ideas and assistance offered have blessed my life so deeply. I wish you peace and happiness this day. I look forward to hearing more of your unfolding as you experience the gentle stillness of meditation. Take care. --Keith :)

4. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Blessings to you Steve & Deb,
    I have 6 kids; 3 kids at home and it is truly hard to make time for meditation. That is exactly what one must do . . . make time.

I've always said my kids are my greatest teachers. Even after over thirty years with kids in the house; I am still bowled over at what comes out of their mouthes at times. Interacting, watching and listening to them is a study of the human condition on a simple but profound level.

BTW, welcome to the forum
    gus