1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Wierd & Wonderful

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by Laine, May 6, 2009.

1. Laine

Laine Member

This is my first post. I've been using Lifeflow for a couple of months now and have been using Lifeflow 9 for four days. Something really weird but wonderful happened to me during meditation this morning and I wanted to share it.

About half way through my 40 minute session a couple of memories (nothing interesting) surfaced, of a holiday taken in Cyprus about 10 years ago with my husband.

All of a sudden I felt a mild sort of jolt, and it felt like there was a presence of some kind with me. Then memories came flooding back of something that happened on that holiday which I had forgotten about and not thought about since then.

One day about half way through our 2 week holiday, we were driving along the coast road and saw a sign pointing inland saying "DAM", for some reason we followed the dust track inland to have a look???

A few miles up the road we couldn't find the dam so stopped the car and got out. Running around in a field in the middle of nowhere was a big dog which had obviously been abandoned. The sight of it broke our hearts................ it was skin and bones and obviously starving!

For the next few days we drove back to the area and left water and food. The dog was obviously terrified and would not come any where near us, but each day when we went back the previous day's food had been eaten.

We decided that we could not go home without trying to help this poor animal, so we found the local Animal Welfare Shelter. They gave us some tranquilising tablets to put in the next day's food. After about 6 hours of watching & waiting for the right moment the dog became sleepy enough for us to approach it, put on a collar and lead, get it into our hire car and take it to the Shelter.

We went to see the dog again at the shelter before we went home, and it looked ok - running round with the other dogs. It was more important to us that we had relieved the suffering of the animal, rather than lying round on the beach for the second half of our holiday.

As these memories came flooding back and I felt this presence, I began to cry tears of joy. A feeling of wonderful peace and joy has stayed with me all day. I don't know what it all means, and wondered if anyone else has had similar experiences with Lifeflow.

A few weeks ago, while using Lifeflow 10, an issue arose that I didn't know I was holding on to which hurt me. It was something from my childhood that I was ashamed of. I have dealt with this now, though, forgiven myself and released the bad feeling.

I've read lots on the forum about hurtful memories and feelings surfacing but can't remember reading anything similar to my experience this morning.

Is this normal.

Thanks for reading this everyone.

Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi

Elaine

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Laine, welcome to the community and thanks for sharing your experiences. What a lovely compassionate thing to do for the dog you came accross. I think that because we are all unique our experiences while meditating vary and this is natural.

Do you notice any changes in your day to day life e.g. feeling calmer etc?

I wish you an abundance of peace and joy on your journey :) :) :)

P.S. Have you tried the gratitude exercise yet?

3. Laine

Laine Member

Hi Pollyanna,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes, I have noticed a lot of changes in my daily life, in fact I'm changing into quite a different person...........for the better!

I'm 51 years old and, up until 4 months ago when I discovered Yoga, Lifeflow and Eckhart Tolle, have lived my life in a state of confusion. Always feeling that something was missing somewhere deep inside me, that something wasn't "quite right".

Since I started using Lifeflow these feelings have gone. I know I've still got a long way to go but I'm loving this learning curve.

I'm calmer, happier and have a renewed zest for life.

I feel I've changed for ever and will never be the same confused, "stress head" person again!

Love to all

Elaine

4. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Elaine, that's absolutelely wonderful - I am so happy that LifeFlow is making such a wonderful difference in your life. I'll bet it will add extra happy years on as well, I wish you an abundance of love, peace and joy :) :) :)

5. Edwin

Edwin Member

It's better than normal, it's wonderfull !

Thank you for sharing, and you definately are on the right path !

6. The Rainbow Ray

The Rainbow Ray Member

How wonderful :) Thank you for sharing
    You were meant to help that dog ... you were lead there for a reason.

7. Laine

Laine Member

Hello All,

Thanks for reading my story.

Yes Rainbow Ray I've been thinking about it over the last few days and I think that somehow, what we did was significant in some way and was meant to be. It's just a feeling I have - it's comforting. I've never been spiritual before I discovered Lifeflow, in fact I was cynical, but I'm starting to think differently.

Over the last few days my meditation sessions have been pleasant, no more memories, good or bad, emerging.........yet!

Yes Pollyanna I have tried the gratitude excercise and really enjoyed it. Do you know if it's available as a separate download rather than being tagged onto the Discover Meditation 5, 10 & 20 minute tracks?

Loadsa Luv

Laine xxx