1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Wierd feeling

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Jeff3028, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Jeff3028

Jeff3028 Member

Hello Everyone!
    I really apreciate this forum.Ive run into different things in meditation over the past year but had no one to ask about.So I apreciate you guys.
    Any ways,While meditating Ill get this wierd feeling about 3 to 5 times over a half hour session.It only happens in a split second.But my body becomes warm and fuzzy and it feels as though everything stops.It feels as though every cell in my body just for a split second just freezes.
    Has anyone had a similar experiance?I would love to have this explained.
    Thanx!

2. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Hey Jeff,
    One key to remember is that during meditation if one attains a consistent brainwave level that is usually experienced during sleep states any of a variety of body sensations may be felt. I am currently at LF5 and there are different sensations that have been observed at various points along my path (i stay 2 months at each level). These seemingly strange body sensations normally are "unnoticed" during the sleep state yet we can observe them in an aware meditative state.

Hope this helps. Please scan through the forum as you will find lots of info on this stuff...

Oh ya...welcome to PM!

shine on :) :)

jim

3. Edwin

Edwin Member

Yep, Seatrend is right !

There is a wide variety of strange, weird, funny or scary experiences that range from the physical to the mind during meditation.
    I have even read a report here of someone who seemed to suffer from rather agressive, even violent yawns ! Turned out to be some emotion surfacing instead of just sleep deprivation as you might think.

The best action to take is to simply observe the phenomenan just like you would with thoughts and/or emotions.
    It will pass. :)

4. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

Something similar to this, perhaps?
    Sleep spindle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    That was what it reminded me of. I occasionally have these when my brain is somewhat confused about whether it is awake or not. Rather disconcerting, as "the brain is inhibiting processing" for a moment.

5. soclydeza

soclydeza Member

i think i know what you are talking about. i've gotten it in the past from meditating, or from sleep paralysis. its basically a moment where your body is "asleep", but your mind is fully conscious. like seatrend8899 said, this sensation isn't noticed while you sleep because both your mind and body are asleep. on occasions (during meditation or if you "half" wake up in the middle of the night) you may experience this and it can be freaky but if you don't fear it and ride it out when it happens its actually quite pleasurable and interesting.

6. Jeff3028

Jeff3028 Member

Yea im finding its a pretty cool feeling.It only last a split second though.It feels like everything stops.If I could figure out how to make it last longer it might be a very relaxing state.but it hasent happened long enough for me to examine it.

7. GilesC

GilesC Member

Ah, but if you attempt to examine it (which is what our mind instinctively attempts to do), you will find your mind takes you away from it. With practice, you can simply observe it (BE in it) but you should avoid any attempt at examining it.

;)

Hugs

Giles