1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Why not just use demo?

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by tango, Feb 3, 2009.

1. tango

tango Member

I have been using the demo for a couple of weeks now, and am happy with it. I am unsure whether to make the big leap to purchase LF.

I was wondering what factors actually have caused people to decide to buy LF 10, when they have access to the demo. Was it to see whether the less compressed LF 10 was more powerful than the demo? (If that was the reason, have people found it to be so?) Was it to have a download that was longer in length than the demo? (Although it seems that you can always use replay with the demo.) Or was it to have eventual access to LF 9 - LF 1?

Alternatively, are there people out there who are just using the demo? Or people who used the demo for a while, then purchased LF 10, and soon thereafter asked for a refund on their purchase?

Thanks!

2. cosmicchick

cosmicchick Member

Hi like tango I have been using the demo for over a week now and was also wondering how much benefit there is to buying the LF10. I don't feel much effect from it and don't really want to spend money on a CD thats more of the same. On the other hand from reading all the good comments about Lifeflow on these boards I am interested in listening to more Lifeflow tracks.
    Looking forward to responses from people who are now using Lifeflow 10 after using the demo for sometime first, is there much more impact from listening to the full length version?
    Cheers ~~~

3. filly33

filly33 Member

I used the demo for quite a long time. I was happy with it too. When I finally made the leap and bought the Lifeflow collection, 10 was basically an extended version of the trail. That being said, the moment I got into 9 I knew I made the right choice. The latter part of the system is by far the more powerful, and I think many will agree that meditation sessions get much deeper as you move down the tracks.

Mitch

4. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

I wrote a big lonnggg drawn out spiel and then pushed the wrong button.
    Long story short! These tracks are not all the same;each one tickles a little different nerve. I've been on the plan since July with much success and peace in my life to prove to me and my family that there is hope for me. My wife loves LifeFlow although she has never listened to it. That's where the rubber meets the road where I live.

Michael is a straight shooter; although his gun went off a bit prematurely late last week with the "Great Gamma Give-Away":D

I had too Michael!:eek:

There is a lot of information around here to explain what actually goes on with these tracks when listened too.
    Go HERE

This should answer many questions to be posed by someone interested in the intricacies of LifeFlow.
    Hope this helps some.
    gus

5. tango

tango Member

Thanks for the responses. Filly33, could you say a little more about the ways in which the latter tracks are deeper? How is that experienced by you during the meditation?

Also, I would welcome additional responses from others who have gone from the demo to LF 10.

6. Papp

Papp Member

I have gone from the demo to LF10 - not too long ago either...

I hear things in 10 that I don't hear in the demo. It almost seems as if there are layers missing from the demo or something. I won't go into detail about the specific sounds as to not "give it away" but having used the demo and LF10 some times each, I can say either the demo is taken from a part of 10 that I don't hear as clearly due to being deeper in meditation or it's missing things that I do not hear at all.

IF the demo and lf10 are supposed to be using the same start point, then I'm certain 10 has things the demo doesn't above and beyond extra minutes.

Just my take.

7. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Lf10

Hey Papp,

As a new member of LifeFlow with one week on CD LF10 i was trying to think of a response for this thread and your words hit home on all aspects.
    If LF10 is any indication the journey of LF10 to LF1 (my plan is to go 2 months per level) will be an epic.

take care all

jim

8. tango

tango Member

Why not just use demo: Renewing Question

Hi All,
    I wanted to renew the question that I asked about 18 months ago: For those of you who have subscribed to LF after working for a while with the demo, did you notice any dramatic difference in your experience of meditation when moving from the demo to LF 10?

Thanks.

9. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi tango,

There's no real difference between the demo and the purchased Lifeflow 10, that's just how generous Michael is. The only difference is the length of time it plays for, though you can emulate that by repeating the demo yourself.
    Of course Lifeflow is more than just the level 10, it's about progressing down through the levels to achieve deeper and deeper states of meditation and brain entrainment.
    If you're happy to just use the demo LF10 then do that, but anyone I've seen on here, and myself included, have found much benefit in our lives from progressing down through the levels.

The difference in the levels can be found in the FAQ if you're interested, though I sense there is something more to your question, hence why you've held off actually purchasing Lifeflow for over 2 1/2 years now since you first asked.

If you're concerned about getting tied into a contract to purchase all the levels, then you need not worry. The admin team are very flexible and can offer you the downloads at a rate that suits you if you don't want them monthly, and you are able to stop your purchase at any level you choose and come back to it again from where you got to later on if you like. You only have to contact them and ask and they'll do what they can to help.

So, is there something specific that is concerning you?

Hugs

Giles

10. M L K

M L K Member

Hi, Tango,

I went forward with the subscription knowing I could cancel it whenever I wanted to do so. I figured the monthly cost to be about equal to getting a single session of bodywork, and I liked that I could use and benefit from the LF as often as I liked. I am not as techie as Giles (by a long shot), but my experience using the download for LF-10 was much stronger than my experience using the demo. By much stronger, I can only say that I was able to become Quiet very easily with LF-10. Placebo effect? Maybe, but I don't think so. And each successive track provides a distinctive experience of the Quiet.

Hope that helps a little. m

11. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

:) Hi Tango,
    You have been given great advice already so just wanted to give you a link to some good information you may not have read which may be of help to you:-

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...nciples-meditation-entrainment.html#post12298

And here are a couple of links to what newer members have said about LF10:-

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...er-box/10868-blown-away-so-far.html#post28207

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...on-success-stories/9056-amazed.html#post25696

Wishing you much peace and joy :) :) :)

12. iciek

iciek Member

I was a sceptic at first. Meditated regularly many years ago then lost the discipline and this is what I was trying to find on the cheap (in effort not money). I thought at first the demo might be enough. It was very good but then if the demo was that good what were the other stages like? The monthly payment with the option to stop made me happy that if it didn't work out I could limit my losses.

I was very impressed with LF10 over the demo and just as impressed with LF 9 over 10 (which is where I'm at now). At this time I can't see any indication that might have me cancel early. It has exceeded my expectations which as a result of previous experiences were quite high.

13. Bryan555

Bryan555 Member

Hi Tango...

I think it's obvious that everyone has their own individual response to the Lifeflow series. For me, it just turned out that LF7 and LF6 were the "sweet spot". I love them both, and pretty much switch back and forth.

It's a Goldilocks scenario: just like the bears' porridge in the fairytale, the other tracks seem "too hot" or "too cold"; but my favorites are "just right".

Don't know if this happens with everyone. And I'm quite open to the idea that, eventually, I might move on to other favorites. That seems to happen a lot here.

Anyway, my point is, if you don't experiment with these tracks -- each of which is a unique product -- you'll never discover which works best for you.

Please let us all know how it works out for you. I'd be interested in knowing what you decide.