1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Why did it stop?

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by kurtheuer, Aug 20, 2008.

1. kurtheuer

kurtheuer Member

I'm very new to this and wondering what I maybe doing wrong. When I first started LF10 (a month ago) I was noticing such a sense of peace and calm. Very clear headed and found myself not getting so emotional and upset with things that before would get me there. Now I have lost that sense of peace and things seem much more chaotic now. I don't walk away from my 40 minute LF10 sessions calm and relaxed anymore. I also find I'm unable to lose myself during my sessions as I used to. Also, when I'm meditating where am I supposed to put my mind (strange question I agree)?

Kurt

:confused:

2. Edwin

Edwin Member

well...

how long have you been meditating before going to LF10 and what kind of meditation are you practicing ?
    The free course by Michael Mackenzie ?

Are you sure you are meditating correctly ?
    This SERIOUSLY makes me doubt you are meditating right. You might even have mis-understood the whole concept of meditation !

It really helps, especially if you are new to meditation, to re-listen to the course after a month or so.
    A lot of things become more clear this way.

As to the question of where to put your mind...
    No serious meditator puts his mind anywhere. The meditative state that we are going for with meditation is to fully relax the body and mind up to levels where you would normally be asleep, but TOTALLY AWAKE. In this state, your mind slows down or totally stops it's normal constant thinking or "chatter" as most forumdwellers here call it. This gives enormous peace of mind, and helps you to connect to the "real you" the person inside that isn't affected or bothered by your normal every day thoughts and emotions.
    This will give you a sense of higher being, an awareness of being totally connected to the Universe and everyone and everything in it. It's almost a religious experience.
    During this process, you feel very awake and very much in the here and now, because you aren't distracted by thoughts. No drifting away in daydreams, no distractions, perfect awareness.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2008