1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

white cube

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by rasmystic, Dec 28, 2009.

1. rasmystic

rasmystic New Member

greetings, i am brand new to meditation, im not sure if im even meditating correctly. last night i got completely relaxed, ( i experienced body paralysis ) and waves of colours, the colours started as a murky green in the form of clouds the colours then settled down into yellow rings with a blue outline, that changed into what i can describe as the most beautiful purple in the form of a pattern although i cant describe what pattern. ( like a cross section from a purple crystal jagged edges, that kept changing in waves, starting small getting bigger.
    in my view for a second or so came an eye with the most vibrant green above it. (ive never seen these colours in real life, weird? ) i got a very high pitch sound going thru my head that corresponded to the waves of colour. i then had the most vivid image of a perfect white cube that appeared out of the colours for a while, i was amazed at how lucid it was, almost as if i could touch it. then as the high pitch sound changed into what i can only describe as a low static type interference sound. ( my house was completly in silence at the time as i was fully aware. at the peak of the static sound i came over all strange a similar feeling to falling to your death i would imagine. i was completely still yet had to open my eyes and get rid of that feeling.
    sorry for going into so much detail, its probably nonsense or my imagination. but it was unlike anything ive ever experienced. can anyone help? not too sure what it was. blessings

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi RasMystic,

I can't understand why your post has been overlooked and not answered. It's unusual for myself or one of the other members not to notice any post and at least acknowledge it. So apologies for the delay in replying but better late than never. :eek:

Each time we meditate we can experience different things, especially if you are new to meditation. Every person tends to have one predominant trait of being either Kinesthetic (touchy feely), Auditory (listening, sounds) or Visual (images, colours) although we all have all of these to some extent or other, just that one tends to stand out for any one person. The highest proportion of people tend to be Visual. I would suggest that this is also your own most predominant trait. As such I would guess that you find it easy to visualise things and see things in your mind, plus you will use language that fits in with this (although you may not realise it) e.g. you say "I see what you are saying" rather than "I've got this feeling I know what you are talking about" or "I hear you".

Meditation let's our mind and external senses relax and our focus comes within ourselves. For yourself, you are turning inwardly on your most predominant sense of visuality, and find it easy to see colours, shapes and really sense that these are very real and lucid. This is quite normal and nothing to worry about.

There are different sorts of meditation. Some of these are, like guided meditation, designed to take you on a journey leading you through visual, auditory or kinesthetic senses to a certain place, and sometimes then leaving you to experience further those senses by yourself, to see where they take you. Others, require you put your focus on something, either a picture in your head (visual), a sound (recorded on a CD or made by yourself etc.) (auditory) or on an object such as mala beads (kinesthetic). The last major sort of meditation is unfocused meditation (aka Mantra based meditation) such as is provided by Michael on the Discover Meditation course he gives away free. This meditation starts with you focusing on your mantra, but this is just a tool to take you away from your other senses and allows the mind to quiten. After a while, and with practice, the mantra itself will disappear and you will enter a state of meditation that is sometimes referred to as "emptiness" or "complete awareness" or even "enlightenment". In this state, you are not focused on anything being perceived by the senses, even though you are aware of their existence. You will have no emotion about them, not bring you focus to them, and not worry about them.

Whatever happens for you is correct and you are surely meditating correctly. The things you sense only having meaning if you choose to let them have meaning, but in truth, they are nothing (literally) to worry about. You are meditating correctly. ;)

Hugs

Giles