Which Headphones are best ?

Discussion in 'Your Suggestions' started by razor, Jan 24, 2013.

1. razor

razor Member

Please let me know from the experts as to which headphones are best. I understand from FAQs that which cover your whole ears are the best. I see you recommend Sony MDR-XD200.
    These headphones are very difficult to get now or are out of production or not available. I hae some suggested headphones please tell me if they are worth:

1)Sennheiser HD 180 Professional Headphone

2)sony-mdr-ma100

3)sony-mdr-ma300

3)Intex Mega Headphone

See the list here:

headphone online Online Store | headphone online Shop | headphone online Store in India

R :)

2. razor

razor Member

could someone reply to this ?

could someone reply to this ?

3. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Razor,

apologies for missing your post. The recommended headphones are just a recommendation. I understand most headphones will work well. The important thing is to make sure extra base etc. are switched off. I have the recommended ones because I personally prefer over the ear headphones for comfort and I make sure they are not set to movie settings.

I hope this helps and wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)

4. razor

razor Member

Sorry to disagree with you but I've tried many headphones but none of them produce the same quality as Sony MDR x-200, well basically what I mean is you'll explicitly have to test with this Lifeflow music to be sure. I have these headphones but they are old, fell down many times, gives a little cracking sound on hgh treble etc. I thought of getting a new pair when i got to know it was nearly 'out of production'.
    What I would like to know is that are the sennheiser headphones mentioned produce the same quality as sony MDR ones as recommended ? I have had experince with sony ( the MDR one) want to get one spare. If i dont get the same, should i take another sony model or Sennheiser ?

Are sennhiersers real deal like sony's quality or just show-offs ?

Thats what I'd like to know. Which others (in around same price range as Sony MDR X200) could compare to the quality of these headphones ?

I think Life-flow should keep a list of headphones which honestly reproduce all frequencies.I beleive this goes a long way in perfect creation of the state of mind of mind as expected out of 'Life-flow'.

Big Fan

Thank you,

Razo

5. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi razor,

The main point to using any headphones while listening to the LifeFlow technology is to make sure that all bass/treble enhancers are switched off. You need to listen to LifeFlow as is. Here's something a member posted a while ago that may be helpful:-

"Amazon still sell the Sony MDR XD-200 headphones, at least on the American site. A while back, I bought a pair of Sony MDR-XB500 headphones with a bit more dynamic range (4-24000) and the best part of this pair is they have extra cushy ear covers. They cost about $20 more, but I like the extra padding, since my ears tend to get sore (I'm a side-sleeper so I spend every night with my ear against the pillow)."

Here's a link to very good recommendations for headphones, however, they are noise cancelling ones so the information may not be relevent to your question:-

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...65-introducing-myself-im-big-t.html#post10576

Hopefully someone who knows more about headphones will answer your question or you could ask the support team.

Hope this has proved helpful and I wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)

6. razor

razor Member

Thank you so much for the response. I well researched its reproduction and more more conclusion I would like to say about the kind of players :

1) VLC player gave me a popping sound in my PC, other than that I would never recommend it. Kantaris music player is much better, reproducing all frequencies.

2) In android phones my inbuilt player was no good. I went for 'cubed' the name of the music player. Its the best and faithful in reproducing frequencies.

Hope this will help people in future.

R

7. Panthau

Panthau Member

In my experience, in terms of effectiveness, i couldnt feel a difference with various headphones, may it be in ear or closed.

In a subjective perspective, there are a lot of differences... a matter of taste, i guess.

8. Mr Monkey

Mr Monkey Member

I think it'd be useful to get the FAQ's updated to suggest some over the ear headphones that are easily available, also to clarify if in the ear jobs are ok (and if so some suggest some), this would make things clearer all round.

Having said that, I've got some Sony MDR-XD200 so I'm OK :p :D

9. razor

razor Member

Thank you for the suggestion and insight

Yes Sony MDR-XD200 are the best, no doubt just looking for some alternatives for 'NEW'
    customers, if they haven't got one already. This model is difficult to get nowadays.

Thank you,

Razor

10. Mr Monkey

Mr Monkey Member

Yup, I appreciate Sony MDR-XD200 are hard to get. My post was aimed at giving the product team a nudge because the recommended headphones are out of date so perhaps they could list a new pair (or pairs) that new users could get knowing they were suitable.

Also there has been discussion in the forums about the use of in the ear headphones and I haven't seen a solid reason why they can't be used, again I think this would be good to get clarified by product support for customers.

11. razor

razor Member

Yes, earphones are very good for 'quikies' like 'in between' times. Nothing can compare to nice set of headphones comfortably on your ears, while meditating. Out of the house earphones are the best, inside would appreciate a decent set of headphones for serious med. session.

12. jodie

jodie Moderator

Recommended Headphones/Earphones ......

Hi to all those wanting a little reassurance on the recommended type of headphones suitable for listening to the Lifeflow brainwave entrainment tracks.
    Firstly, apologies that the recommended headphones in our FAQ is proving more and more difficult to obtain. Please note however, it was the technical specifications we were at the time aiming to address. The particular set recommended covered all that is needed. What I prefer to suggest to any Lifeflow participant these days (given the sheer amount of headphones and earphones on the market today) is decide what type suits you best as both are perfectly fine to use. You will find prices in headphones vary dramatically and all I like to say is most budget headsets are perfect. If however, your work involves using headphones frequently and you use headphones of which offer various add ons, these too will often be fine. There are headphones on the market today of which automatically alter filters, such as bass, treble etc as you are listening. I recommend for obvious reasons that these are to be avoided, given that all extra settings on headphones and indeed your play back device should be turned off when listening to the Lifeflow entrainment tracks.
    Most headphones have a frequency range of 20Hz to 20,000Hz. Some go lower, some go higher. So long as your chosen headphones/earphones go as low as 20Hz, they will be absolutely fine.
    At the time of listing the recommended (Sony MDR-XD200) set of headphones, please note, Sony happened to be the most competitive price for the type of headphone we wanted to recommend.
    Razor, I took a look at the 4 different headsets you included in your earlier post and found that all of those listed are suitable for using with Lifeflow.

I hope that helps anyone unsure of which headphones to use and if anyone wishes to ask any questions, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]

Kind regards :)

13. razor

razor Member

Please do specify headphones

Thank you so much for the response, and you need to understand one thing that in India even branded headphones are not as good and competitive as in other countries like in UK and US. I 've seen many branded headphones go down the mark.
    Well here the catch is with the really genuine companies like Sony, sennhieser etc. which play a little responsible role can be 'kinda' relied upon. Other companies just dont care. They'll make some crap for the hip-hop kind-of music where probably no one will be able to tell the difference !

Thank you again.

shyam

14. medflows

medflows Member

Please comment on this headphone model

Hello Jodie/Pollyanna/others,

Can you please take a look at this Sony headphone model and suggest if it is good for listening to Life Flow tracks? I am not very knowledgeable about the terms like extra bass, treble etc so can't really figure out if this one has any of those enhancements which will mess with or modify the Life Flow music frequencies.

Usually under "Other Performance Features" it is mentioned if the model has Extra Bass or any such enhancement. But this one says "Clear Sound with 16 mm drivers". I have no clue what that means.

Its a bit on the higher end as far as the price goes compared to the others we discussed on this site. But since I plan to stick to Life Flow for a long time to come, I thought of investing in a good quality headphone which will last long and serve the purpose well. Need your comments as to whether this is really good for our entrainment purposes or not.

Please take a look at the descriptions on both these websites. Amazon has a better description of the specifications.

Model name : SONY MDR-V55 BLUE HEADPHONE
    Links :
    1. SONY MDR-V55 BLUE HEADPHONE: Amazon.in: Electronics

2. Sony MDR-V55 Wired Headphones Price in India - Buy Sony MDR-V55 Wired Headphones Online - Sony : Flipkart.com

Thanks !!!

15. medflows

medflows Member

Dear all,

has anyone looked at this model ? Any comments pls ....

Thanks