1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Where to start....

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by Mzungu, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Mzungu

Mzungu Member

Hi Everyone

I'm very grateful to have found Project Meditation and this forum. I would like to introduce myself and say how much I am looking forward to being a part of this community.

I am completely new to meditation of any sort. I am desperately seeking some inner calm & clarity, and my instincts tell me that meditation is the answer and this is the place to be. I have a very hard time keeping my mind and attention focussed on anything at the moment, so this post will probably take me an age to compose! :)

I have downloaded the free Discover Meditation material and am about to start the process of discovering meditation and it's benefits. One benefit I have already discovered before even starting the program - this forum. It's great to know that there are other people who are also going through or have been through what I am about to start.

Where do I start? Do I just jump in and listen to the free downloaded Discover Meditation material? What about the free LifeFlow component? Where does that fit in? Advice gratefully received!

2. Still Waters

Still Waters Member

Welcome Mzungo!

Good luck on your journey.

I would start by going through the free material, absorbing it and practicing it.

You will find on the last MP3 of the course that there are timed meditations of 5, 10 and 20 minutes.

Choose whichever one you are comfortable with and use it on a daily basis. After a week or two you may want to work with the sample lifeflow download instead or perhaps in addition if you feel that is appropriate. People seem to typically use this for a couple of weeks to get aquainted with what lifeflow is about before starting with lifeflow 10 and gradually working down through the levels to lifeflow 1

The thing which seems to come up over and over again on this forum is that it is not a race. It is good to establish a discipline and a good solid practice of meditation, so it is wise not to go off to quickly with it.

Enjoy the journey and come back to the forum for any further advise and support. I know it wont be long before you will be supporting others here! It is usually the way

Good luck

3. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Welcome Mzungo!

Great island you have landed on. :)
    I am a newbie (on LF9) and the beginnings of my long journey has been comforting because the support here is A1. You know any time you need help it is a keyboard away. Support is freely given by an amazing global family.

Harry mapped the ideal approach to take very concisely. Enjoy and don't put any time pressure on yourself..

take care

jim

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  4. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

That's right

Jump right in; the water is fine;)

5. Mzungu

Mzungu Member

Thanks for the warm welcome, kind words and useful advice. Jim was not kidding when he spoke of the amazing global family that exists here. I already feel like I am part of it!

I would also like to extend my thanks and gratitude to Michael Mackenzie, the creator of Project Meditation. He has clearly transformed the lives of so many people with this program and I am priviledged to soon be one of them!