1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

When you stop meditating...

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by cfc_kenny, Feb 18, 2008.

1. cfc_kenny

cfc_kenny Member

do you become stressed again quite easily? I usually find that when I'm meditating I become quite tranquil and mindful, but shortly afterwords - maybe an hour or so- something happens and I become tense and stressed out again.

I'm quite worried meditation is becoming an obsession to relieve this stress, but it's not practical to constantly meditate, is it? Does anybody have any techinques to keeping the tranquil peace of mind for a longer amount of time?

2. Larry Gessner

Larry Gessner Member

peace

Hi cfc_kenny,

I too have found that if I go with out meditating that I am a little more restless than normal. That is like an subtle alarm for me and I stop what I am doing if I can, and meditate.

If you are having frequent episodes of stress, you might want to start increasing the amount of times per day that you meditate. For me it is three 20-30 minute sessions per day. That is what works for me. I don't know what kind of stress you are under, but if the results are not lasting then it might help changing the duration of meditation or a combination that will work.

I am not an expert on this and so this is only my opinion. Listen to others that have more experience as well.

3. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi cfc_kenny,
    I notice you have 70 karma credits which people usually use to get their free Discover Meditation and LifeFlow 10 to begin the fast track Michael recommends. If you can let us know what type of meditation you are practising and how often you meditate it will be easier to help and advise you. Look forward to your reply, happiness and joy :) :) :)

4. manx

manx Member

hi Hi cfc_kenny
    at any time of the day you feel even slightly stressed just put your awarenesss on your breathing just be aware of the clean fresh air entering your nostrils and follow it down slowly into your lungs you could even try visualising this air entering your nostrils is your favourite colour,
    try this but dont concentrate too hard or you will just contradict what you are trying to do ie relax, you may also find if it is possible to close your eyes while being aware of your breath it will be even more effective.
    good luck
    gary