1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

when feeling tired

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by salehzt, Feb 18, 2010.

1. salehzt

salehzt Member

hello

I experince muscules pain during meditation when Im tired and exusted
    after long working day. do I have to stop doing meditation when Im very
    tired and exusted.

thank you for help:)

2. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

Meditation does not and can not cause pain (except the pain of a needlessly uncomfortable sitting position, in which case you should shift to a more comfortable one on such days).

More likely, what happens is that you become more aware of your pain because meditation raises your awareness all around. This is actually a good thing! The newly released awareness latches on to the nearest thing it can find, in your case the muscle pain, and amplifies it. Others may have other more or less strange experiences because of this released awareness, some a bit creepy but often pleasant. None of these experiences actually come from the meditation as such, but result from the rise in awareness.

When you have finished the meditation session, some of the increased awareness will stay with you and make itself useful in myriad ways through your daily life. You will become aware of feelings before they have time to carry you away. You will become aware of things you could do easier and more efficiently. You will become more aware of other people's feelings. You will become aware of opportunities that passed you by. The increased awareness is one of the big benefits of meditation. So find the most comfortable position you can get without falling asleep, and give it another go.

3. Madhan

Madhan Member

Can we overcome this problems

Hi

I am Madhu, I am having problem of "Nale Biteing Habit". Always i wanted to forget this habit. But automatically i am doing with out my concious. Can I overcome this problem using this Life Flow Audio Technology.

Please reply me

Thank you

4. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

If that is what you really want. But it is a bit like shooting sparrows with cannons. Meditation can, and will, do so much more for you.

You see, we all start out doing many things without knowing. Sometimes we find out afterwards what we have done, and sometimes only when we suffer because of it. There can be many such things in a human life.

Meditation will make your awareness grow. You become aware of the things you do, the things you feel, the things you think. You become aware of them more and more, earlier and earlier, until you can see what you are about to do before you even begin. So yes, you can become able to notice before you begin biting your nails, and when you are aware of it, you will no longer need to do it.

But there is so much more. It will change your life, it will be as if you wake up after being half asleep for many years. If that is what you want, you should meditate each day. But if you like your life just fine except for that one habit, I do not think you can change only that and remain the same in all other ways. That would be a job for hypnosis, I would say, not meditation.