1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

what's the rational behind starting at level 10?

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by csrpj, Oct 29, 2010.

1. csrpj

csrpj Member

so when i listen to level 10, i don't feel anything unique. but then, to experiment, i listened to a much lover level, and i did feel a pretty significant change. does this mean my brain is already adjusted to level 10 (i have done other brain entrainment before), and that i can start at a lower level? if the result eventually comes from going from 10 to 1, but i can start handling, for example, level 3, then wouldn't it makes sense to start there to speed up progress? or am i missing how it totally works?

2. Panthau

Panthau Member

You can of course start with another level, if you purchase the CD set. If you feel ready for it and have already experience with binaural beats, why not?

Of course, theres always a chance to dig up burried emotions, if you go too fast too deep.

Atb,
    Pan

3. Midnight

Midnight Member

Generally, it feels a lot different when you meditate with a track than just listen to it. If you've been meditating with other BWE tracks, and you know that you can handle it, than there's no reason to start at 10 if you don't want to.

If you've never meditated with BWE, then start at 10, and work your way down if you feel the need.

My understanding is that the deeper you go, the more repressed emotions you can bring up, and you can feel pretty bad if too many emotions are released at a time. It's best to gradually go deeper as you gain more experience.

4. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

You should not want to speed up progress, because you are not going anywhere.

LifeFlow is a toolkit consisting of a number of sample frequencies that occur naturally in the brain, but only the upper levels are normally experienced with our waking awareness. By starting with these, which should be familiar, you can make "baby steps" toward acquiring all of the scale, one Hertz at a time.

Ideally, you will be able to meditate at any of these frequencies someday, with or without brainwave entrainment. You will be at home in them, and will be able to deploy them at need.

Besides that future goal, there is the building of new connections between parts of your brain. Conscious experience of several different levels make for more connections than simply repeating one for the same length of time.

That said, you are absolutely correct that if you have extensive practice with meditation, the first couple levels will likely seem a bit banal. I remember only catching up with my natural meditation practice at level 8. And it is not like the thought police will catch you if you skip ahead. But there really is a rationale for the recommended "fast track".