1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

What to do if you over meditate?

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by ge0rg1b0y, Jul 21, 2011.

1. ge0rg1b0y

ge0rg1b0y Member

Hi. I have been practicing meditation for 2 years mainly by watching meditation videos on the net. Sometimes I did it for more than 7 hours per day. In one of Michael's meditation audio's I heard that we should be careful not to over meditate. So I am asking you Michael, what can a person do when he over meditates?

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi there and welcome to the community :)

Yogis meditate for hours at a time to coax their brainwaves into deeper states. In these busy times, most people cannot do this, but fortunately, these levels can be achieved in a fraction of the time with the technology of LifeFlow. Just a few minutes a day, in these states, are very beneficial.

Many people have lots of supressed emotions, which will surface through regular meditation and this is good, because it gives you the opportunity to simply accept them, observe the sensations, which will allow them to dissipate. Through a little daily meditation you can deal with these issues one at a time, however if you spend hours a day meditating, you may have to deal with too many all at once.

I really enjoy the peace and tranquility of "my little time out" each day, however, it's the rewards that carry on into my daily life that make such a difference :)

Here is a link about the principles of meditation and entrainment which has helped many here:-

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...x/2357-principles-meditation-entrainment.html

I hope this is of help to you and wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)

3. ge0rg1b0y

ge0rg1b0y Member

Thank you

pollyanna. Much love and joy to you as well :)