1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

What new things do you notice after meditation?

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Larry Gessner, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Larry Gessner

Larry Gessner Member

Right now I have this feeling that I can almost sense my brain inside my head.
    I have described this before as a band or area around the center of my head.
    Yesterday I noticed something new. While I was meditating and getting ready to disengage and come back to full awakening, I moved my head down. I noticed that my eyes were still focused on the spot inside of my eyelids or the spot in my mind. I could move my head up or down and the spot remained in the same place. I found this fascinating and was rather intrigued by the whole experience. So now I am asking. Is there a scientific explanation for this?

2. Karly

Karly Member

Hi Larry,

Over the years I have felt many different experiences, including observing myself sleeping, seeing an endless blue tunnel through my forehead, and as you have described, vision that seems not to come through the eyes, but from a central point in the brain. I know the particular experience you have descibed is somewhat central to the teachings of the Tao, but I can't remember exactly what I have read about it. I will look back through one of my old books and see if there is anything in there that could be of use to you. I have found many texts, particularly Buddhist, that describe these experiences but no scientific explanations. If anyone has any I would be interested to know!

Karly