1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

What do I do?

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by Lorgon Jortle, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Lorgon Jortle

Lorgon Jortle New Member

Hello all,
    I have started meditation several times. I always get really motivated, then only do it for a week tops before losing motivation. I am not sure what I need to do to keep myself motivated, but I am very willing. I have tried the hemi-sync meditations, as well the the ultra-meditation series. The problem I find with them is that the tracks are 30min long. I have a hard time sitting there listening to the music for 30 minutes. I think I should start with 5 minutes, but I'm not sure ow much I need to do to start training my mind. :confused:Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Lorgon Jortle

2. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

You are correct in assuming that starting with a shorter time would be better. If you have not down loaded Michael's "Discover Meditation" course I highly advise it; as will others here. There is a link in the upper left of each page. It may make all the diffence in the world with your motivational problem.

gus

3. knitz

knitz Member

I have the Lifeflow tracks on my Ipod and I "plug in" at bedtime...they play all night :)

I felt the same way you did about the time/motivation but it is no issue while I am sleeping. Also, if I wake up in the middle of the night, I find it is easy to focus on the ongoing tapes instead of starting to worry about something.

This way I am going through all the tracks at least once per day...without taking any time :)

4. Grey

Grey Member

how would playing life flow while you sleep improve meditation?

5. GilesC

GilesC Member

I agree with bashmaki, if you haven't meditated before it is best to start with shorter meditations.

I first learnt meditation from guided meditations, and when I came to learn mantra based meditation (the same as Michael's meditation course) I started with a 10 minute meditation, twice a day for a couple of weeks. This then increased to 15 minutes for another week and then finally onto a 20 minute meditation after that.

Also, ensure you set aside time to do your meditation as, if you have 'other things' you are concerned need to be done, then these may distract you and make you anxious as more time passes. I made it easy for myself by setting my alarm half an hour early in the mornings and then the first thing I do is get up, let out the cats :) and then sit comfortably in a chair where I won't be disturbed and do my meditation. Setting aside time for yourself and your meditation makes it one of the things that needs to be done rather than something that is getting in the way of things that need to be done.

Hope that helps.

Hugs

Giles