1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

What Do I do after 10 months of Lifeflow?

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by naturaltrust, Apr 7, 2010.

1. naturaltrust

naturaltrust Member

I have just completed doing the Lifeflow meditation program from 10 to 1. What do I do next? Should I start them again but do only a week or less of each to ensure they have been done enough....or what?

2. Edwin

Edwin Member

That is an option. I go through the cycle on a weekly basis at the moment.

Have you received the Gamma tracks yet ?

3. naturaltrust

naturaltrust Member

!0 months done

The Gamma Tracks? What are the Gamma Tracks? :)

4. naturaltrust

naturaltrust Member

Thanks for your information. Why do you go through the cycle on a weekly basis?....or at all?

5. Edwin

Edwin Member

I brought your question under the attention of the admins.
    I trust them to adequately answer your question. :)

6. Edwin

Edwin Member

Ultimately, meditation will improve the communication between the left and the right hemisphere of the brain.

All the great benefits of meditation are a direct result of this better communication.
    The communication is achieved by something that is called "Neural Pathways".
    Basically it is the linking of several braincells through neurotransmitters into a "fixed route".
    This is what LifeFlow was designed for in the first place, creating these pathways.

Think of it as a wheat field that you want cross.
    If you cross it once, you will not noticably make a path when crossing the field.
    If you cross this field every day for a year, walking the same route all the time, you will have made a nice noticable path through the field.
    If you were to stop taking that path for another year, it will be as good as gone.
    For maintaining the path, you don't have to walk every day, you can take it once every few days and it will stay there.

Now back to the neural pathways.
    Once the pathways have been made with going through the cycle of LF10 to 1, you have to "walk the path" every now and then to maintain them.

So, that is why it is advisable to repeat the LifeFlow 10 to 1 program every now and then. If you want to "shuffle" the tracks, or stick to one that you like better for 2 months, that is fine also.

So back to your original question:
    Because I thought it would be fun :p

7. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi there Naturaltrust, as soon as you download LF1 you gain automatic access to the gamma tracks so you should be able to go to your downloads and access them now :)

If you have spent enough time with each LifeFlow level you will gain the most benefits from the gamma tracks.

After time with the gamma tracks I used to meditate to the levels which at the time were my favourites (I think at the time they were LF7 and LF1) however, when I went back to LF10 I was surprized how enjoyable it was. The most important thing to me is that on the second time round and even now I still release things.

Life will always be full of hurdles and challenges, I know mine is, that's just life, the only difference is, meditating with LifeFlow and sometimes without I simply glide over the hurdles :)

Enjoy Nirvana and Awaken and I wish you an abundance of peace and joy :) :) :)

8. jodie

jodie Moderator

After Completing the Lifeflow program as recommended.....

Hi Naturaltrust,

I hope you've enjoyed all the levels of the Lifeflow program and as you know we do recommend staying with each level for at least 30 to 60 days. When each particular track feels normal and familiar and you are enjoying benefits in your daily life, then as I'm sure you will have discovered is the time to progress to the next deeper level. When you have spent enough time at each of the beneficial levels of LifeFlow (i.e. 30, 60, 90 or 120 days. It's your personal preference) you will have learned how to reach this level for meditation more easily, naturally and consciously. You benefit mentally, physically and spiritually in different ways at various levels of alpha, theta and delta. So it becomes useful to know exactly what the frequency of the entrainment program is.

Some time ago, Michael brought out the new Gamma tracks 'Awaken' and 'Nirvana' of which will have become available to you in the download center when you reached Lifeflow 1.

Both gamma tracks are 40Hz and have been designed and created to suit personal preferences. 'Awaken' has been referred to in the community forum as the morning Gamma meditation track (though can be used at any time of the day) and 'Nirvana' known as especially great for winding down at the end of the day.

After completing Lifeflow 1, you will find that you can simply meditate to the Gamma tracks the same way as you did for all other levels. Because there are two tracks, you can choose which and when to play them.

LifeFlow is an amazing lifelong tool because when you have meditated with all the levels you can then continue to achieve more and more success by using the different levels in any order. Some Lifeflow participants like to choose which particular brainwave states they wish to target and some prefer to go back through the levels again in the recommended order. Though you will probably find the second time round, that you do not need to stay with each level for as long. For example, once you have meditated through all the levels, you may well listen to LifeFlow 7 or 4 and enjoy a new and wonderful meditation session. It's YOU who will always be progressing.

Hope this helps and have a great weekend!! :)

9. naturaltrust

naturaltrust Member

Thanks

Thanks for your help, folks.

10. Midnight

Midnight Member

Hey Edwin,

Is maintaining these pathways necessary? What kind of neural connections are we talking about? Does this mean you have to keep using LF for the rest of your life? What happens if you stop using it for a while?

I kind of bombarded you, but i'm curious:)

11. Edwin

Edwin Member

Honestly, I don't know the answer to that.
    I am no brain expert. I do know that neural pathways need to be maintained in order to stay there, but how frequently ? I haven't the slightest clue. I never thought about that even.

You see, I don't consider meditation a chore.
    I like meditation. I like meditation with LifeFlow.

It's not punishment, and I don't dread the thought of meditating for the rest of my life.:)

12. Midnight

Midnight Member

Ah of course. I enjoy meditating and will continue to for the rest of my life, but I'm saying in case something were to happen that prohibited me from doing so...

Whatever that may be.

Anyways, I read from a post here that when old connections break down, new ones form, forming an improved map of reality. Why would you want to maintain the old ones then? New ones are being formed regardless, if I understand correctly.

13. oneflewover

oneflewover Member

Watch where you put your feet !

I understand there is a saying in neurology that 'neurones that fire together wire together' That applies to negative and positive behaviours i guess. So with regard to say the behaviour of meditation, the more you fire (ie meditate) the more you wire(the practice becomes more natural and easier) ! Likewise with negative thinking the same principal applies but with less positive outcomes. ie you get a worn out and muddy lawn to use Edwins analogy:mad:

Graham

14. Edwin

Edwin Member

Well said Oneflewover ! I hadn't considered that, thanks for pointing that out.

15. Edwin

Edwin Member

I can't imagine any case where meditation would become a problem aside brain damage.

You see, you may be crippled neck down by a broken neck, but as long as consciousness is there, and the brain is unharmed, you will be able to meditate.

16. Midnight

Midnight Member

True, but I was speaking hypothetically...

I just want to understand the reasoning behind it, but I guess it doesn't matter too much.