1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

What are you attracting right now?

Discussion in 'The Law Of Attraction' started by pollyanna, Jan 10, 2008.

1. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Storytime (hehe)
    Zig Ziglar tells a story in his book, “See You at The Top.” You can place some fleas in a jar with a lid on it. The fleas will of course begin to jump, repeatedly hitting the lid in their attempt to escape.

After about 20 minutes, the fleas begin to learn that they cannot escape and stop jumping as high as they did to begin with, to avoid smacking their head on the lid.

Once they become accustomed to the fact that they cannot escape, you can remove the lid and the fleas will continue to jump at the same height, never escaping the jar. Since the fleas BELIEVE they cannot escape the confines of the jar, they stop trying. Because of their experience with smacking their heads repeatedly, every time they tried to escape, they never even bother looking up to see that the lid is no longer there.

Well guys THE LID'S OFF and I for one am well clear of the jar (I endured a sore head for too long!)- I'm living life with passion, I have a pupose to fulfill and the journey which is always the now is soooooo exciting.
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.
    Henry David Thoreau
    Happiness joy and freedom to you :) :) :)

2. Edwin

Edwin Member

I have been quite busy with my 2 attraction projects last week.
    The results aren't what I expected, some good some bad.
    However I am giving you guys an update so you understand what is going through my mind at the moment.

Last friday, I went to the bank with my sister, who is an accountant. I had received the nessacary paperwork from the accountants office, and talked everything I wanted through with my sister.

The talk we had there was a intellectual fight of 90 minutes, after which my sister and me were both exhausted.
    The bank agreed to certain things ( amongst others, my car :) ) which is a good thing, but other things that could help my company grow faster which might be a bit of a risk for them, they didn't agree to... yet.
    I have to say yet, because they argued quite strongly on those points, but refused to say yes or no on the matter, leaving me hanging for the entire weekend.

So I am still meditating, using the exercise of graditute, but the conversation has left me feeling a bit... angry actually ( didn't even recognise it until the next time I meditated ) because it felt like an attack on my efforts to rebuild the company the last couple of years, and I hated that.

When I am at peace with that again, I suspect things will improve again for me. I guess I expected things to "flow" easily for me, but I realised that it doesn't work like that, I can control my mindset through the graditute exercise, but I still have to work to get what I want.

I am not giving up, I know what I want and I will get it !

3. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Edwin, first of all this is not directed at you - I'm just trying to explain something I think is really important.
    I recently read that when we read a great book that helps us we tend to push others to read the same because we want to help them. Unfortunately the other person is not ready at that point to read the same thing.

I struggled with this for many years - trying to help family, friends and others. I used to find it extremely frustrating. :mad: Then the occasional time someone would read something as profound as "Think and grow rich" and tell me they knew all this!! (Yet prior to this they had been telling me everything that was wrong with their life :confused: :confused: )

Anyway I don't get frustrated anymore, thanks to meditation - but I still keep recommending :eek: :eek: Don't think I'll ever quit.
    Back to your post, rather than me waffle on and try to put into words how I attract things into my life here is the basics of what I do. This cannot fail to work for anyone.

I have conditioned myself for a number of years to:-
    Read or re-read something (may be only a paragraph or a page) that will improve my mind and inspire me daily. If I don't feel like doing this, I do it anyway and usually benefit all the more.
    I read aloud at least twice a day with enthusiasm what I am attracting into my life, feeling as though I HAVE ALREADY ACHIEVED IT which puts me in alignment to receive it. I never try and work out HOW it will happen - this I entrust to the Universe or God. I always act immediately when I get a hunch!
    I watch "The Secret" once a week - it has now become a way of life :) I learn something new each time I watch this ;)
    Meditate with LifeFlow one hour every day.
    I dedicate this total of 10 hours a week out of 168 hours and it has completely turned my life around.

Someone told me years ago:- success has a brick wall around it - it's there to keep the pretenders out. I know this will work for you if you stick with it. I cannot say it will be easy yet, until the next thing I am attracting materializes. What drove me with my huge dream was my love for my family and as far as I was concerned there was no other option. Happiness and joy to you :) :) :)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2008
  4. Edwin

Edwin Member

don't worry Pollyanna, it's not like I was expecting instant results, but some things can really get under your skin, and writing it down helped me hugely here. I got it organised in my mind and I am going to get into meditation in a bout 10 mins.

Thank you for telling me how you do it, I am going to do the same :)

Like I said, I am not giving up, I have only just begun :)
    If you don't mind, I will try to keep you guys up to date of what happened every now and then. They won't be essays tho. maybe I can start my own thread here, it can be inspirational to see others struggle at first, and become succesfull later on ! I hope other people will read it with interest and try it too.

5. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

You write to your hearts content Edwin. It's a great idea for you to show the whole story. Lead by example and blaze a trail that everyone wants to follow!! Happiness and joy to you :) :) :)

6. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Edwin, this might really help.

Hi Edwin, I've been reading your log and wondering how I can help. I'm writing this here so I don't impose on your space. While I was doing my usual visualisation to-day listening to creative flow I thought or remembered in detail what I have learned in a nutshell. Maybe a big nutshell but this is what is working for me.
    We are all vibrational beings and every thought we have activates a vibration. When we constantly think the thought, the vibration becomes stronger until it eventually becomes what we call a belief. Everything happens because of the vibrations we are sending out. "Thoughts become things" Now here's the BIG one!! When we have activated a particular vibration enough and it becomes dominant within our vibrational patterns the Universal Law of Attraction will match it up with the things that are like it. Once I realised this I understood that if my dominant thoughts were not wanting bills, I was dominantly thinking of bills and so I would create more bills :eek: So, it's VITAL to focus on WHAT WE WANT and not on what we don't want. At the same time, whilst we are sending out our most dominant thoughts (vibrations) we need to feel good emotions as though we have already received and enjoy what we are attracting. I believe the Universe will show us a way that we can achieve this in an enjoyable way.
    During all of this we will probably have a battle going on within us e.g. that little voice that says - you'll never do that!! - it's greedy to want more!! Who do you think you are!! Now I'm not violent at all but I learned to tell it to shut up or knocked it flat!!:D:D
    Last but very important, we need to feel truly grateful for everything we already have. Whew - I hope that makes sense, hope it helps you get what you want and I mostly hope it helps your journey to be more enjoyable.
    Happiness, joy and good vibrations to you :) :) :)

7. Edwin

Edwin Member

Thank you Pollyanna !

I much appreciate the help !

I think eventually I will get there, but now it seemed like a struggle because the disappointment kept getting in my way.

However I finished a very very satisfying meditation / gratitude session yesterday.
    I decided to do a kind of a "reboot". I wanted to visualise only the things I allready had, not the things I wanted for this one session, to bring back the all-positive feeling I had before going to the bank.

This worked, I even played the gratitude music twice just to name all the people and things that make my life something to be gratefull for !

Now I can feel good again during the gratitude exercise, and using the attraction exercise will work better again.

Feel free to react to my posts inside the thread, I WANT a discussion going that makes people think: "Hey, he is doing that wrong, he should do it the other way" so maybe they won't make my mistake too ! That is the reason I started the thread, not because I like it that much ( but I do anyway ) but because I hope it will inspire others !

8. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

So pleased you are enjoying meditation/gratitude and life. There's a surprise for you in the new thread The Secret of the law of attraction. Hopeyou like it! Happiness and joy :) :) :)

9. susi_gal

susi_gal Member

Hi Ras. Maybe you are not expecting any more response, but I just thought of sharing an idea.

The Hicks book on low of attraction says that making a doller and making a million dollors uses same process and same amount of effort; thus no difference in difficulty. So, it IS possible and as Poriana said, if you don't limit your thinking, your achievement is unlimited.

However, the book also states that if you don't actually believe deep inside of you that you can have it, you don't receive it. The book gave a very interesting example in my opinion. I will say why I think it interesting in the next paragraph. But anyway, the book says as an example that, if you go to movie theater and watch a horror movie, your attention is devoted to the feeling of horror for the couple of hours. But as you leave the movie theatre you know that it was fiction and you are relieved and what you just feared so intensely won't manifest in your life.

And here is why I find that quite interesting... Last summer, a friend of mine was watching a true-story horror. A young girl was haunted by devil and she dies in the end? I don't know. But my friend was horrified but fascinated, and she also found a REAL recording of the girl screaming when she was haunted. She listened to it over and over. And you know what? That night, somebody kept knocking on her door (3 am or something), over and over, and she knew it was not a physical person because she did not see shodow from window!

So, does this mean that if you feel the strong feeling but if you could not BELIEVE that you could have it, it won't come. Meanwhile, if you BELIEVED that it could come, it can come, just like when my friend was fearing for something that she believed to be true.

So, anyway, some books recommend you start something small, something not so hard to achieve. And as you grasp that there is definately such a law in command, you can start asking for something bigger because now you believe more.

Any comment on my friend's story?

10. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Totally Missed This Point Edwin.

Hi Edwin,
    just re-read this piece of your post and realized I overlooked it before. Whenever I do the gratitude exercise it is ALWAYS AND ONLY for everybody and everything I already have and am truly grateful for.
    What I want to attract is a totally different exercise. Hope this makes sense to you. Happiness and joy :) :) :)

11. Ras

Ras Member

hey susi_gal, didnt notice your reply to me before now!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I understand what you mean with the example, makes perfect sense. For different reasons I havent been attracting anything so I am unable to post if I have been sucessful or not... I havent even been meditating recently! Expect a thread from me about that in a few days time ;)

12. SoulRider

SoulRider Member

So succincntly put Raven. We must not attach any relevance to the outcomes of our actions, only to the action. If we always act out of a true heart, we can never truly hurt another, even if this causes, for example the Mother who reported her Children to the police after they beat a man to death. The Mother could have done what she thought was right by her children, and kept quiet. She didn't she did what was right. She acted on her highest thought, her purest purpose.

The outcome of an action is irrelevant, just do the action with love. Be love, and all there will be is love, but then, that's all there is anyway.