1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

What are good 60's songs to meditate to?

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Stuart Harley, May 4, 2014.

1. Stuart Harley

Stuart Harley New Member

Hi people! I am new to meditation, and I have always wondered what are good 60's songs that are ideal to meditate to? I am wondering this because I am a hige fans of bands and artists like The Beatles, Pink Floyd, The Who, Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, The Zombies, Donovan, and The Kinks. I know that George Harrison was in to the idea of meditation, anf that he would later realise music with Indian influences. Does anyone have a list of good songs that would be perfect to meditate to? Thanks.

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

If you're meditating then you wouldn't be placing your attention on what music is playing, so the answer is anything or nothing; it should not make a difference. Personally I would avoid playing music whilst meditating as it will just be likely to cause a distraction.

Hugs

Giles

3. MeditationBuff816

MeditationBuff816 Member

Tonny Scott music for relaxation. For meditation, I superbly agree with GilesC. Isn't it nice to hear the sounds of the water, trees and chirping of birds? Those are just priceless.