1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Weird LF 10 experience

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by air_man, Oct 28, 2009.

1. air_man

air_man Member

So I have been doing LF 10 for a few weeks now and something bizzare keeps happening.

Around the 20 minute mark (without looking at the time) I get this overwhelming sense of euphoria and adrenalin in my upper chest. First time this happened I totally freaked out but now am learning to live with it a bit more.

It's so strange that it culminates at 20 minutes into the meditation....same time every time. And like I said I have no idea at the time but because I stop it shortly after I can pin point it pretty accuratley....

I really am enjoying LF although I am a little scared about what more is to come.

Anyone else had a similar experience...

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi air_man,

When we meditate, with or without LifeFlow, it's common for people to experience different things, whether those are physical sensations, mental thoughts or emotional changes. Every person is different and every experience is different, but non of it is wrong.

The fact your experience is happening seemingly at the 20 minute mark could simply have come down to your own expectations. You experienced it once and you "looked out" for it happening again, essentially expecting it to happen and making it happen at the same time. Once it happened more than once, this strengthened that expectation and it will almost always happen now for you while you retain your focus on it. Part of this is consicous expectation, and part of it will be unconscious expectation.

When you next meditation, fair enough, expect that it may happen again, but this time when you notice it, simply accept that it is there and use that as a trigger to invite your mantra back into your meditation, letting the sensation go it's own way. This may take several goes and it may come back again, but each time simply do the same.

There is nothing to be scared about with LifeFlow. Simply use the levels and work through them at a rate that suits you. It's not necessary to just do one month on a level and then move onto the next, just because it's there. If you are finding particular sensations or emotional releases at one level, simply stay at that level or move back up a level for a while until you feel ready to move on again. It may be, for example, that you get to level 8 and some strong emotions arise, e.g. anger or upset. This is then your opportunity to recognise these emotional issues and what they relate to, and to deal with them as necessary to help heal yourself of them and move on.

At any time, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask on this community and there are lots of members willing to offer support and advice.

Hugs

Giles