1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Weird Head Bobbing And Head Movements?

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by kensclark16, Aug 24, 2013.

1. kensclark16

kensclark16 New Member

I just started meditating today after not doing it for close to a year or two. I was listening to some binaural beats because I can not relax easily. I noticed that 10 minutes into listening, my "head" started bobbing. It felt like my head but my head didn't actually move. My head also felt like it was dropping and I would also get this "pressure" that came in waves and the stronger it got the more relaxed and "sleepy" I felt. What could this be. Is it normal?

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

Well, for starters there's lots of meditation styles, so which one are you using?

In general though, when we meditate, it's possible for all sorts of sensations to come up, whether visual, physical, emotional or whatever. The trick is to keep meditating, just accept these things come up and let them pass without getting attached to the What's or Why's of them. It's normal, it happens, just let it be. ;)

Hugs

Giles