1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Week One

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Biker Bill, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Biker Bill

Biker Bill Member

It's very good to be back into meditating daily after a long hiatus. It's only been three months or so, and just a week with LifeFlow10. I really like this soundtrack, and I find I really like an afternoon snooze to "Midnight Express" - although let's be honest, it's not so much express train as clattery old freight train.....;) But the effect is delicious nonetheless.

I learned TM in the late seventies, but I'm fundamentally slack, and lapsed after a couple of years, although I've picked it up from time to time along the way. I discovered binaurals about 1999, and did seven levels of Holosync until stopping about four years ago. When I started sitting again recently, I used the Immrama Insight CD, a very nice, mild introduction back into brainwave entrainment. Couple of weeks ago I thought I'd give Holosync a try, and picked up where I left off, knowing I should really drop back a couple of levels to ease back into it slowly. It took about ten days until I felt sufficiently bludgeoned to leave it alone, :eek: and I started googling to see what else was happening.

I guess I'm not the first Centerpointe veteran to have that sense of de-ja-vu when coming across the LifeFlow site...... :confused:
    Bill Harris must be spittin nails to find his advice for business success so literally followed - "find someone who's successful, study how they do it, and do the same..." Nice one Michael....;)
    I got the Classical Magic this'll-blow-your-mind-but-you-better-grab-it-quick-it-wont-be-offered-again email yesterday, and felt the spirit of Bill Harris right here in the room.....:rolleyes:
    Keep sending this stuff whenever you feel like it Michael - but I'm pretty much immune....;)

But LifeFlow does seem to have taken this sound technology to an altogether more sophisticated level. It makes HS seem very crude by comparison. And I'm impressed that Michael emphasises that one should use these soundtracks to meditate with. I know from the old HS forum that many believed that just lying back and daydreaming for an hour, or even sleeping, was just as effective, and as much was suggested in the sales pitch. It aint so.

So I just though I'd look in and say Hi. It's early days but looking good. I gather that each level has a different soundscape....? Hmmmm.... tell me there isn't any of that new age synthesized sterile muzak on the way, and I may just hold back on the money-back guarantee.....

2. Mr Monkey

Mr Monkey Member

Hi Biker Bill,

Lol – yup, some of the marketing isn’t great for LF, I’ve mentioned it before as have others. It’s not an approach that flicks my switch, in fact that type of approach generally makes me resistant to buying a product. But on the same note I’ve never owned a business and had to try and drum up business, I guess it’s a case of if you in a room full of people shouting you have to shout yourself to get heard. There is a link on the email’s where you can unsubscribe if it hacks you off.

Fear not, there is no 60/70’s ‘experimental electronica’ or new age ‘trance’ music :eek:, there are various things like water flowing, gentle flute/pipes, thunderstorms (I kid you not, in fact it’s one of the nicest tracks!), gongs and Whales – all good, but normally some people hit a bit of resistance with certain tracks (When I first listened to LF8 I would get really annoyed listing, although now I really like it).

Hope things continue to go well for you :).

Cheers, Paul

3. Biker Bill

Biker Bill Member

Thanks Paul.
    Apparently I am "under moderation". Now there's a nice Orwellian phrase for you......;)
    This seems to mean that my posts appear (assuming they haven't been, uh, moderated) a LONG time after I submit them. This is new to me - never come across it on any of the many forums I participate in. Slightly unnerving when replying to another's post only to have it disappear into the cyber twilight zone for an un-specified time...:(
    This all seems a bit precious & po-faced to be honest. It's easy enough to remove an unwanted post after all.
    How long until I am "approved", I wonder....? :confused:
    Hey Ho, nowt so queer as moderator folk....:rolleyes:

4. Mr Monkey

Mr Monkey Member

It doesn’t last for long for the 'under moderation' to be lifted (maybe a week or two?) but I can understand why they do it, it annoyed me a bit when I first signed up, it made me feel a bit like I wasn’t trusted but of course it’s not personal .

Also, if you think that’s Orwellian I wouldn’t look into how companies handle your data, what they can sell on, information they can find out about you, what they monitor, you’ll have a seizure! :eek:

In the grand scheme of things it’s no big deal, so long as you’re not ‘naughty’ you’ll be ‘set free’ soon enough :).

Obviously I don’t know the other forums you post on, but this one is pretty ‘clean’ in that there is no spam, abusive messages or advertising so from that point of view it can be said the approach works.

I’ve never been a moderator so there might be various valid reasons for the approach, but something that comes to mind is that I would have thought once you have a URL, username/pw for a site it’d be possible to write a script that posts thousands of messages at once, or more subtly once every x number of days etc. Of course the reverse would be true (a moderator could set up a script to remove posts made under a username), but it seems like a ‘prevention better than cure’ situation which is understandable.

Lol, some of the most frequent posters on the forum are moderators on this forum or others, but on the bright side if they ‘feel resistance’ at the comment at least they can meditate on it and release it ;) :D.

From you original post it sounds like you have a fair amount of experience with mediation and HS, it’ll be interesting to hear your thoughts and reflections as progress with LF.

:)

5. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Biker Bill,

In respect of "moderation" I'm a moderator on a.n.other forum, and new members on there are also placed automatically on moderation until they've been a member a few days and made a few acceptable posts. It helps to prevent spammers from getting their posts visible on the forums and keeps the place tidy and friendly. I know you won't be on moderation long on here. ;)

Agree with you about some of the marketing, it's a bit 'over the top', but as for Lifeflow, it's worth every penny (cent... or pick your favourite currency :D )

Hugs

Giles

6. Biker Bill

Biker Bill Member

I do understand about the moderation policy, really. Just ramblin..... ;)

7. Harry Hondo

Harry Hondo Member

Biker Bill, I too have been through the Holosync mill and I too am put off over the marketing involved with both these technologies. Good honest post you had here. I get a little leery when everyone is 100% positive with something, so it's nice to see some criticism once in awhile.

As for the actual technology though, the two are not comparable. I think it's obvious that Micheal has this figured out by using the approach of the single frequency entrainment process, rather than starting at an alpha and going to a deep delta, like Holosync claims to do. The effects of LifeFlow are so much more powerful than Holosync as proof of this. I remember the first time I used LifeFlow 10 and how I couldn't believe that 10hz actually felt this deep.