1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Warmth in back of my hands.

Discussion in 'The Law Of Attraction' started by Awaking Woman, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Awaking Woman

Awaking Woman Member

I am fairly new to mediation and I am learning that it it wonderful and very helpful. I have noticed that when I meditate the backs of my hands (not palms) heat up. It doesn't burn or hurt but it is a strange feeling. Has anyone else ever had this sensation?

Thanks-
    A rookie

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi there and welcome to the community :)

So pleased you are finding meditation really helpful. Here is a piece about feelings and sensations, written by a very respected and knowledgeable member of the community...

"Whether we consciously seek them or not, somewhere in the back of our minds we hold beliefs that because meditation and entrainment are beyond our usual set of experiences, then the evidence that they are having some sort of effect on us must also be outside of our normal range of experiences. And so we (not too surprisingly) begin to experience “symptoms” or “signs” of something that we do not ordinarily experience. Immediately we associate these with the entrainment or the meditation. We wonder if this is something real or imagined so we often start asking others if they have experienced the same or similar things. We seek validation that our practices are producing tangible effects on us.

There are various reasons we seek this sort of validation. Many of us first try meditation to find relief from all sorts of different problems. Some seek relief from physical or emotional ailments; for solutions to personality shortcomings, such as a short temper or a tendency towards jealousy, etc. Some problems may be quite serious, even life threatening. Our search for relief may have been going on for a very long time without having found exactly what we were searching for.

It cannot be any wonder then that we are almost desperate to find some sign, some indication that our practice of meditation aided by entrainment is having tangible, definable effects. We seize on these odd little experiences like flushing of the face or seeing spirals of color when our eyes are closed, hoping these are signs suggesting the elusive relief we’ve been after is finally within our grasp. We ask others to validate our experiences so that we can reassure ourselves we’re on the right track at last."

If you would like to read the whole link, please click on the link below...

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...nciples-meditation-entrainment.html#post12298

Hope this helps and wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)