1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Walking Meditation Questions

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by AmeliaB100, Mar 18, 2014.

1. AmeliaB100

AmeliaB100 Member

A few years ago someone shared walking meditation with me. The specific style involved walking extremely slowly with focus on each step. There was tonal chanting using words like, standing, turning, lifting, and more that I don't remember.

I am trying to find out what specific kind of walking meditation this is. Is it called something specific? Is it practiced in only a specific form of Buddhism or other teaching? I really liked it and would like to find an mp3 with the chanting or a place in town that practices it.

I believe this is different than the Zen practice of Kinhin which seems to be intentional walking at a more normal pace with no chanting.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I live in Phoenix, AZ if anyone knows of anything local also. Thanks.