1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

waking dreams

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Jeff3028, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Jeff3028

Jeff3028 Member

hello everyone!
    Ive been meditating about a year.Ive really just been finding my way around by trial and error.But ive had some amazing benefits.So ive always had this question but noone to ask.
    About 15 min. into meditation I find myself going into dream states(thats the only way I know to describe it).Different scenes unfolding infront of me or people talking to me.Most of it doesnt make sense.Im awake the whole time but its like im dreaming.I use to follow it,but now I think that my focus is wandering when that happens so I pull my focus together but then it happens again and again.Is this supposed to happen or do I just need to work on my focus?
    Thanx for the help

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Jeff,

Yes, it's very common for the mind to wander onto thoughts and "day dreams". This is the point of using the mantra in the meditation. When we recognise that our mind has wandered, we can use that as a trigger to bring ourselves back to the mantra, and by doing this the thoughts will ebb away.

;)

Hugs

Giles

3. Edwin

Edwin Member

Completely agree with Giles !

Do remember to stay calm and gentle !
    I used to get frustrated and angry that I had wandered off with thought again.
    Instead, be grateful that you noticed, and gently return your focus to your mantra. Hope it helps :)