1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Visualization During LF 10

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by taylordayton, Jan 21, 2008.

1. taylordayton

taylordayton Member

I have begun to visualize things when I use the Lifeflow 10. I've been doing LF 10 for about three weeks now.

Last night I started to visualize and a figure appeared abruptly in front of me (my eyes were closed, by the way). He was Native American in dress and stood there with a staff of some sort. It startled me out of meditation and my eyes popped open.

I was just wondering if this was normal or if I should try something different?

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi there,
    that would scare the heck out of me and I've never experienced anything like that in any of the levels.
    One of your earlier posts says the following:-
    "I started a little over a year ago after one of my friends suggested it to ease my temperment. I first started with Zen, and later studied and practiced the Hindu Kundalini, which is what I do the most of now (which centers on chakras). I have had some pretty amazing experiences while meditation, nothing too far-fetched, but amazing nonetheless.

Now I'm also using Lifeflow, and enjoying this too. Even though I've been meditating on my own for this long, I still took the time to go through the introductory CDs too. It is the first time I've done a specifically 'timed' meditation and I found that to be enjoyable, even though my normal meditations finished on their own in about 20-30 minutes."

I would guess it has more to do with Kundalini. I don't know enough about Kundalini but I would be very careful. I've read and heard stuff about Kundalini that is something I wouldn't go near. Hope this helps you. Happiness and joy to you :) :) :)

3. taylordayton

taylordayton Member

Hrm, I hadn't thought of that. Nothing like this has happened before when I did the K meditations, so I just assumed it was the LF.

I've never had a bad experience on K meditation, although I have also heard some strange and scary things too. The figure wasn't scary looking and I got no feeling of bad intentions from it, just surprised to see it there when previously I just pictured the sounds I heard on the LF while saying the mantra.

4. taylordayton

taylordayton Member

I also want to note that I have stopped the K meditations entirely while I continue the LF. I didn't want to do 'too much'.

5. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

That's good to hear. Please remember though - I don't understand Kundalini - Michael or someone else may give a better answer. I was just concerned you may feel afraid. Have a great Monday :) :) :)

6. manx

manx Member

Hi taylordayton
    It is perfectly normal to have visions during meditations just accept whatever happens.

I have been meditating many years and during virtually every meditation I will see visions of people signs sounds colours ect the list is endless and most of them are quite bizarre, I often hear words or sentences I sometimes have feelings or knowing, I have even felt things for example I once felt what I can only describe as someone had there hand resting under my chin and it was the most amazing loving feeling you can ever imagine.

I could go on for hours and hours about the things I experience in meditation it is all normal and I really would just go with the flow if I were you just allow whatever takes place to take place.

I read the posts on this site often and I see posts regularly and it seems to me that many people seem to spend too much time worrying about what happens during meditation and spending time questioning weather they are doing it right.

I bet not many Buddhist or Tibetan monks sit worrying about weather they are meditating properly or worrying because they saw an image during there meditation.
    best wishes
    gary:)

7. susi_gal

susi_gal Member

Oh I think it is totally cool that you can have visions! I personally think that it is a good sign that you are in meditative states. I say this because this Japanese program which is supposed to train your right brain seems to me is trying to induce meditative brain wave patterns, and it encourages visualization techniques while you are in that state. According to the program, it is good that you can see visions, and then in next stages you start being able to control images, and those images manifests, I guess thanks to Law of Attraction.
    I want to see visions! But mind you, I could be totally wrong; this is just my personal interpretation of things I've observed so far.