1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

visualisation

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by floater, Mar 27, 2008.

1. floater

floater Member

hello
    can someone remind me where i can listen about visualisation? i think i heard it on one of Michael's mp3 files but not sure. also, not sure really what it is/involves and want to learn more about it and how to begin doing it. thanks & peace.......floater ;)

"never was so much sharpening owed to so many axes."

2. twinkletoes

twinkletoes Member

:) Hi Floater
    visualisation is used with the guided meditations, if you look at the bottom of the homepage and click there are 20 guided meditations that you can listen to such as improving sleep etc which involve imagining different surroundings and sensations and seeing colours. I seem to be able to imagine the colours of gold and red and green of the Autumn leaves but when it come to imagining a dark blue light washing over my body tnen changing to a lighter blue then to light green then to deepest red I wasnt seeing those colours too well if at all, but I know that that will happen, after all i've only been meditating for 3 weeks.
    Hope you find the meditations, they are so very good :D
    Hope you

3. floater

floater Member

thanks Twinkletoes. I have downloaded the guided meditations and listened to a couple.....they are very good. i find the timbre of Michael's voice very pleasant and relaxing which makes the guided sessions all the more valuable to me....i used lifeflow10 a couple of times last week and was surprised that it made me feel a little edgy and irritable. then i read that a bunch of other people had also experienced this and apparently it relates to resistance from within so am working on that and will give it another shot this w/e. BTW, do you find 40 minutes of Lifeflow10 to be too long for you? i'm curious...;)

4. Divinitywolf

Divinitywolf Member

Sorry to but into your conversation.
    I also find Michaels voice pleasant :D
    But more importantly i find 40 minutes is too long. I just can't concentrate for that long and get fidgity and so i do it for about 20 minutes each day.
    It may not be whats reccomended but i am now thouroughly enjoying life thanks to lifeflow so 20 minutes is obviously enough for me :)

Peace be with you always.

Divinitywolf :D

5. twinkletoes

twinkletoes Member

Hi Floater, Hi DW :) :)
    I get jittery with silence, stems back to the school exam hall! Yes sometimes I find the 40 mins a bit long and at other times it soothes me and then i rest up and sleep.
    Doing 20 mins of lifeflow is fine too as 20 mins is 20mins!:D:p