1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Visualisation.

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by twinkletoes, Mar 24, 2008.

1. twinkletoes

twinkletoes Member

:) Only me again! :p
    I have finally managed to download the guided meditations onto my mp3 and they are having a good effect, however my visualisation is quite weak especially when I have to see different colours, I can't seem to visualise those at all. I imagined myself on the beach and in the hammock with the sleep one but I have noticed that many of the guided meditations involve seeing colours, any suggestions, Peaceful warrior,Polyanna, divinity, edwin, maribo if fact anyone.:confused:
    Oh actually, i did manage to see white and oddly when listening it said to see yourself wearing a white gown, all I could see (being a nurse) was a white theatre gown, I must think of something prettier as theatre gowns fasten with ties down the back and are really not a good look!!!:eek:
    Would looking at these colours real time and then closing my eyes and seeing them in my mind help me to recall and bring forward those colours when prompted to in the meditations??

2. Divinitywolf

Divinitywolf Member

What i'd suggest is to try and base your visualisations on real life memories that you have.
    Try and take the colour away from your memories and implant them into your imagination.
    I hope this is easy to understand.
    Another method is try starting with visualising simple things like the sky and colour of the sky, after you've just looked at it. Practice this. Looking at something then visualising it a few seconds later as it will strengthen your ability to visualise.
    So basically what i've said backs up your own suggestion.
    Haha well you won't catch me in a theatre gown any time soon!

Hope this helps

Divinitywolf :)

3. twinkletoes

twinkletoes Member

thanks dw :D
    I have tried to lift the colours from knowning that the sky is blue, i tried to see the yellow of the sun I tried linking the colurs to the things I've seen but its still not happening, maybe I'm getting tense and trying too hard :eek:

4. Divinitywolf

Divinitywolf Member

hmm. Have you tried just letting yourself remember memories?
    Try letting memories slip into your mind and just notice the colours in your memories.
    Don't TRY to see them. Just casually accept that they are there and notice them.

5. twinkletoes

twinkletoes Member

Ok dw i'll give it a try, think i'm getting myself tense by so wanting to see the colours and i am trying just too hard.
    Glad to hear that you won't be wearing a theatre gown soon, they are not a good look for most, however I once took care of a very ruggedly handsome rugby player with a bad fracture and the gown looked pretty good on him, but thats another story and possibly an overshare (but. . . yum, yum, yum), lol!!:D:D

6. Divinitywolf

Divinitywolf Member

Well maybe you should go to bed and get some sleep then try in the morning when you're feeling refreshed.
    Haha i'm sure many women would be jealous to hear that you were looking after a rugby player. lol. "yum yum yum indeed". haha.
    Actually all that yumming has made me hungry. I'm gonna go eat an easter egg :D.
    Speak to you tomorrow.

The almighty Wolfie ;)

7. twinkletoes

twinkletoes Member

Nite nite
    Don't eat too many choccie eggs or youll be wobbly wolf!:D
    Thanks for your suggestions :p

8. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi there twinkletoes, I think most people find it hard to visualize initially - I still do sometimes. I feel with emotions more easily. Don't try too hard, it will come with time and until then just enjoy them. Happiness and joy :) :) :)

9. twinkletoes

twinkletoes Member

Thanks Polyanna :)
    I'm sort of visualising, with the self imposed limitations i can see child me in the ornate mirror and can sense how it feels to touch the ornate frame. I can then see the teenage me and the now me. It seems to be the colours that I can't quite get although I did see white but then that was an attached memory of a yummy chunky rugby player with amazing cheeks (oh dear, Gilli you are so naughty, but it was oh so nice!!!! :D :p)
    I'm wading through magazines and focusing on colours within the pictures and then closing my eyes to try to recall what i've just seen in the hope that that will help :)