1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Video Game Analogy

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by Imed, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Imed

Imed Member

Hello everyone, I just wanted to post a funny little analogy that popped into my mind. I originally posted this on another Spiritual forum. One of the members there was named N64 and that is what inspired me to write this:

All of this that we call "life" is like a videogame. Most people are trapped in the video game walking around and doing all of the things that the video game allows. It is only when we realize that we are not the video game, but the one outside of the video game, that we can truly be free. We are the One observing the video game, not the character whom we think we are. And Bowser is the Painbody who "on the surface level looks like" he takes peach (aka enlightenment) away from Mario. However, sometimes, Mario thinks he has achieved enlightenment when he saves peach, but then he is presented with a "harder mission". This is because he cannot achieve enlightenment, which is what Mario originally thought he had done when he first saved her. However Mario will only fully "beat the game" when he realizes that he IS enlightenment.

Anyways, I just thought you guys might enjoy it. It's kind of funny (if you have ever played the first Super Mario Bros. game) but it goes deep as well.

Love,
    Eric

2. Edwin

Edwin Member

Speaking of funny inspiration:

I once saw a cartoon where a guy said: "don't worry about time, remember, it is only mother nature's way of keeping all things from happening at the same time "

I thought it was quite deep :)

3. Peaceful Warrior

Peaceful Warrior New Member

Xbox360 Owner chipping in

Hi IMed,

Nice analogy, I like it :)

You must get up to date on consloes though for your next analogy, PW ;)

4. Imed

Imed Member

Okay, should I do one for Halo? Okay, so the grunt is the ego, and the hunters are the painbody. We can say that the bullets from your gun is your "awareness" and by using your awarenes "bullets" you can overcom both your ego and your painbody (by killing the grunts and elites). How is that Mr. 360 owner :D

5. Edwin

Edwin Member

lmao !

How about Tetris :D

6. Imed

Imed Member

LOL, wow, that made me laugh. UMMM......Okay, when you are first born, your mind is empty and you are blissful and at peace (like the empty game). As you get older, your learn what to do what not to do based on what you were taught. The thoughts and teachings of those around you (mostly your parents) become your own thoughts and feelings. This is where the blocks come in. And then more and more just keep coming into your mind. You must learn how to make these thoughts disappear, and once you have made them all disappear, you have achieved enlightenment :p

7. Edwin

Edwin Member

Hahaha you rock ! :D:D:D:D

8. Peaceful Warrior

Much better! I will not be able to play halo without thinking of enlightement from now onwards :eek: Nicely analogised!

PW

9. Imed

Imed Member

LOL, Thanks. Now it's your turn to do one for Pac-Man. Good Luck

Do you play Halo 3 on Xbox Live? If so, what is your gamertag?

10. Edwin

Edwin Member

You know I am actually old enough to have whitnessed the first Pac-Man ? Tomorrow I will be 34 years old !

Ok here goes:
    The goal is to get the most out of life ( you need to eat as much "apples" as you can ) as you try to find your way through the maze it is easy to be distracted ( the Ghosts coming after you ) leading you back on the same path, or a wrong turn making you end up where you started ( the "Warp" from left to right and top to bottom ).
    Only when you find meditation ( powerups ) you will notice that the distractions in daily life are feeble ( you can now eat them instead of them eating you ) and they have no more power over you.

In the end, you notice that the goal is to improve yourself as you try again ( highscore's ) in your next life ( game over ? )

hope you like it :)

11. Imed

Imed Member

:D LOL! Very funny. I really enjoyed it. Good job man.

12. Peaceful Warrior

I don't play online, not good enough yet :) Plus my xbox got the 3 dreaded red rings so it's in germany right now being fixed.

When I am more able to kill the ego I will get online. PW ;)

13. Imed

Imed Member

Let me know when you are able to go online PW and then together, we can use our awareness to eliminate the egos of the online community ;)