1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Very subtle

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by plumbbob12, May 9, 2011.

1. plumbbob12

plumbbob12 New Member

First time here and looking forward to good exchanges. I have been sitting for about a year, and I have noticed very subtle changes. Changes I really cannot put a “finger” on, and all I can relate too, is the idea that meditation changes my outlook during my day to day life. I see things in new ways, and although the changes are subtle, they are also profound. The best example I can give is the realization that both the earth, and the sun were alive, and that we were physically connected to both, in ways that would probably prevent us from ever leaving our planet for extended time periods. Of course being a tech nerd, this realization was somewhat of a letdown, as I would love to explore the cosmos, but I think we will need to depend on mechanical devices to explore space. Our life force is here, and if we leave this earth for too long, we would not live. Kind of weird, but this is one example of how mediation has changed the way I see. pb

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Plumbbob,

Sorry I missed your post earlier (not something that happens often, but sometimes I'm at work and get 'distracted' into a meeting or something hehe!).

You are absolutely right. The effects of meditation can be subtle, but they really are there and they really do effect us in profound ways when we look back on 'how we were' before we started meditating. It really is about how it changes our day to day lives that matters.

(from one tech nerd to another)

Hugs

Giles